Job DescriptionTITLE: TERRITORY SALES MANAGER – FOODSERVICEDEPARTMENT: SALESREPORTING TO: DIRECTOR OF FOODSERVICE - WESTLOCATION: REMOTETERRITORY: CENTRAL US (ND, SD, MN, IA, NE, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, LA)SummaryResponsible for managing specific accounts within a designated territory. Responsibilities include maximizing existing business with current customers as well as the development of new accounts in the Foodservice segments. Accountable for profitable sales growth, allotted budget maintenance, new product placements, and promotional activities.
- Maximize existing business with current customers as well as develop new accounts focused on the 3 segments of FS. Introduce customers to new products and marketing campaigns. Present plans to manager on initiatives to grow sales – i.e., ads, spiffs, demos, OI’s, Bill Backs. Conduct ongoing business planning reviews. Responsible for securing quarterly Distributor sales reports.
- Work closely with key distributors to maximize their distribution capabilities as well as manage the overall cost of doing business with these key partners.
- Work directly with Distributor reps and Broker network when applicable and provide trainings and customer ride withs
- Regularly present new items to customer base. Manage overall sample spend by territory.
- Work with manager for approval to develop and personalize sell sheets specific to Distributors in your region.
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge
- Participation in regional and national food shows including coordination of deadlines and requirements with food show coordinator.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred
- 5+ years of experience in sales
- Existing relationships within the Foodservice sales field
- Track record of success in identifying, cultivating and closing deals
- Proven sales/business development success
- Strong sales skills and product knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactive, strategic thinker
- Willingness to take initiative
- Competitive, driven to be the best
- Difference Maker
- Accountable, holds oneself to high standards
- Possesses a strong sense of urgency to accomplish goals and objectives
- Street Sales (traditional local independent restaurants, caterers, hotels, educational institutions)
- Multi-Unit Chains, “MUC’s” (consists of Regional and National chains based on the HQ location or prior relationships)
- Ingredients / Manufacturing (to include any accounts that use FM products in further recipes / kits)
- This role requires moderate travel
Additional InformationTo Apply
- Interested candidates should submit a resumeand cover letter with salary requirements.
- No phone calls or recruiters, please
FOODMatch offers a comprehensive benefit package and competitive compensation based on experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.