Oaks Darwin Elan Hotel is currently seeking a passionate Full-Time Head Chef to join O.A.K, The Original Australian Kitchen.As Head Chef you will oversee and manage the kitchen operations.Responsibilities
- Working alongside and supervising all kitchen team members ensuring excellence and consistency in the product delivered to customers.
- Developing new menus and associated costings.
- Running stock control and managing all BOH food and wage costs.
- Enforcing daily and weekly systems and procedures to ensure a high level of presentation, hygiene, service, and product quality.
- Ensuring compliance with all health and safety regulations and food standards.
- Recruiting, inducting, training and rostering of BOH team members.
- Responsibility and accountability for performance of the kitchen.
To be successful in this role you will need;
- Experience as a Head Chef/Chef in charge in a large kitchen operation.
- Professional trade qualifications.
- Food Safety Certificate.
- Strong leadership, communication and organisational skills.
- Administration skills and proven ability to maintain food & wage costs.
- A positive and energetic attitude.
- An infectious passion for cooking and delivering a memorable dining experience.
Join our positive and vibrant team and be rewarded with these team benefits:
- 50% discounts on accommodation across all Minor Hotel brands
- Discount when you visit any of our restaurants, cafes and bars
- Paid Birthday Leave &Paid Vaccine Leave
- Career progression
- Reward & Recognition programs
The Original Australian Kitchen is home to modern Australian cuisine. Our menu has been crafted around the melting pot that is our Australian culture. We have taken traditional Australian cooking components of seafood and meat, infused them with exotic influences and splashes of bush tucker. Join us in delivering memorable and tasty moments for all our guests.
Oaks Hotels & Resorts is one of Australasia’s largest apartment style accommodation providers, managing a portfolio of over 55properties across five countries.