SalaryUSD TBD TBD
SourceBlueCross BlueShield Of South Carolina
SummaryProvides oversight for tactical management activities of technical workflow throughout the department (i.e. infrastructure deployments, decommissions, audits, maintenance, break/fix, etc.) at a cross functional level. Facilitates the definition of business goals and the activities required to successfully meet those goals at a tactical level. Determines key department-wide reporting statistics and provides explanation to management regarding historical tactical trends along with data based recommendations for tactical adjustments required to keep the workflow efficient at the department level. Description •20% Administers the overall management/tracking/scheduling/reporting of workflow throughout the department. Ensures the tactical assessment and completion all cross functional work is as efficient, timely and cost effective as possible for the department.•15% Identifies the activities required to define business goals by meeting with management and team leads of technical teams to obtain details and understanding of processes/objectives. Overseas the development of associated flowcharts/outlines for process improvement and definition of all work types. Analyzes gaps between flowchart/outline items and the desired state. Determines/implements improvements to productivity, cost effectiveness, and timeliness.•15% Tracks key project milestones and adjusts schedules/plans and/or resources to keep workflow at optimized levels. Communicates with all areas of the enterprise that impact the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the overall work efforts. Informs Project Leaders and Project Managers of required adjustments/escalations necessary to meet desired deliverables.•15% Prepares complex and customized reports for management as it relates to the flow and status of all types of work throughout the department with a focus on work involving multiple teams. Assesses the impacts of adjustments that effect the master schedule, budget, productivity etc, of the work efforts, and communicates with area senior personnel and management on these items.•15% Identifies and monitors tactical management team work assignments. Communicates with leadership on strategy, direction, changes, and tactical workflow issues.•10% Determines process improvement initiatives, training, and policy and procedure development opportunities. Counsels and mentors less senior personnel.•10% Maintains effective relationships with business partners, internal and external to the department, by leading and participating in meetings. Ensures necessary information is received/delivered in order for business unit objectives to be met.Must be able to obtain a security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.Required Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Management or other job related degree OR
- Four years of job related work experience OR
- Two years of job related experience plus an associate's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or other job related degree.
- Seven years of related experience in a similarly complex technical organization with at least 3 of those years either in a supervisor or team lead role or three years of equivalent military experience in grade E4 or above.
- 10 Years-of related experience in a similarly complex technical organization with at least 5 of those years either in a supervisor or team lead role or f ive years of equivalent military experience in grade E4 or above.
- Extensive experience with project management tools, principles, and methodologies.
- Proven ability to identify resource needs, perform quality review, and escalate tactical workflow issues appropriately.
- Proven use of change management techniques.
- Proven ability to direct the workflow of more than three technical teams with over 50 day-to-day technical deliverables.
- Proven ability to coordinate workflow delivery and prioritization with multiple groups.
- Understand human resources policies and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral, and listening).
- Able to communicate information to both technical and non-technical people.
- Strong negotiation/persuasion skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- This position must be able to manage multiple work efforts simultaneously among multiple teams with fluid priorities while making day-to-day tactical decisions that keep the flow of work moving as fast, effective and cost efficient as possible.
- The incumbent must have a proven record of successful project or major deliverable completion involving at least 10 teams at a time.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office and reporting software tools.
- Fast paced, multi-platformed environment which may require action and response 24X7 to support the technical business needs of the customer.
- This position is responsible for coordinating the workload of staff, and constantly being aware of process improvement opportunities.
Senior Developer Scrum Master- Palmetto GBA