SalaryUSD TBD TBD
SourceBlueCross BlueShield Of South Carolina
SummaryResponsible for configuring, installing, and maintaining desktop software and hardware. Provides technical support and guidance to users.This position requires a security clearance which requires ship to obtain. Description •55% Monitors/updates dispatch system and works incoming tickets as assigned. Provides troubleshooting, technical support and development of end-user guidelines. Configures, installs, monitors, and maintains IT users' workstation software and hardware. Ensures proper backing up of data from user workstations and that tools and equipment are licensed and approved by IS purchasing. Ensures proper configuration and adherence to security configurations and settings.•10% Tests, troubleshoots, maintains, modifies, validates and documents application packages.•10% Documents configurations and standards so that colleagues can reference similar issues and improve resolution time. Assists other departments as needed to resolve issues.•20% May perform administrative task such as reporting, ordering replacement parts, and tracking statinventory of items.•5% Keeps apprised of new technologies related to workstation support procedures.Required Education:
- Associate Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other job related field.
- or 2 years of job related work experience.
- 2 years of technical operations support experience.
- Experience with hardware deployments.
- ICD (IBM Control Desk) experience.
- Able to provide consultation to IT users for all aspects of end-user computing and desktop-based LAN systems software.
- Able to provide on-the-spot training to users.
- Understands operating systems imaging concepts.
- Able to make recommendations on selection of hardware and software products to address business requirements.
- Able to assist in the support and maintenance of the overall infrastructure.
- Familiarity with computer and workstation equipment.
- A+ Certification
Workstation Support Analyst