SalaryUSD Depends on Experience Depends on Experience
SourceOUTSOURCE Consulting Services, Inc. (OCSI.co)
Seeking aSenior Software Engineer/.Net Web Developer contractor to provide support to a federal government client in Aiken, SC.Job Posting Close Date: 04/12/2021 Requirements:The Contractor will establish and maintain cost-effective web based requirements using Visual Basic .NET and ASP.NET. Additionally, the contractor is responsible for compliance with departmental policies and processes and for performing all duties and activities in a safe and ethical manner. New Application Development
- Gather scope, establish requirements, and obtain customer approvals per SRS procedures and guidance.
- Manage the development cycle through coding, testing, acceptance and production turnover.
- Promote effective use of technology.
- Perform maintenance duties to ensure continued operations of existing productionapplications.
- Gather design changes and problems/issues for revising existing production applications.
- Manage the change cycle through coding, testing, acceptance and production rollout.
- Fix causes, not just solutions. Work to eliminate recurring problems and improve supportability
- Watch for trends that indicate potential problems and then eliminate the problems before they happen.
- Keep peers and STR informed of trends, significant problems, unexpected delays and anything new in the environment.
- Keep customers informed of global problems, scheduled downtime or anything that affects the computing environment.
- Keep customers informed of progress on problems that cannot be resolved on first call.
- Must have 5 years experience (7 years, if no degree) in developing web based applications using: Visual Studio 2012/2013/2015, .NET 4.0/4.5 Framework, ASP .NET, MVC
- Working knowledge of: Stored procedures (TSQL), Entity Framework 5 (or greater), Windows 7, HTML 5, TFS, React and/or Angular (1.2 or greater), Twitter Bootstrap 3, CSS 3
- Demonstrate ability to manage the development cycle through coding, testing, acceptance, and production turnover
- Demonstrate ability to perform maintenance duties to ensure continued operations of existing production applications
- Demonstrate ability to work to eliminate recurring problems and improve supportability
- Demonstrate ability to communictae clear, concise and accurate updates on significant problems, unexpected delays and anything new in the environment
- Demonstrate the ability to keep customers informed
- Ability to ocassionally sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, and type on keyboard; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a 4-year degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline with 4 years proven performance in related assignment(s); or a non-related 4 year degree with 6 years proven performance in related assignment(s); or a 2 year degree with 8 years proven performance in related assignment(s). Will consider HS diploma and at least 10 aditional years of relevant information technology.
Full Stack Web Developer III - Information Technology (IT109)