Job#: 1267417 Job Description: Apex has an exciting and immediate direct hire opening for an experienced Lab Technician with one of our leading Chemical clients near Horsham, PA! The ideal candidate will have a BS in Chemistry with 2-3 years of experience in Quality testing, preferably from a GMP or ISO environment.Quality Laboratory Technician IIMISSION: Provide support in the daily operations of Production, through pre-determined checks, Inspections and assigned tasks. REQUIREMENTS: Experience:
- 3+ years of laboratory experience or inner company experience combined with General Chemistry I & II.
- 3+ years of working in a Production environment.
- 3+ Years of Direct Quality Experience preferred.
- Auditing Experience Preferred.
- BS/BA in Chemistry (or other related sciences) or Completion of General Chemistry I and II combined with above listed experience.
- Basic Computer Skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access)
- Ability to learn new equipment or software ( FTIR, SPC (Datamyte) and Business management systems (D3FO))
- Ability to follow pre-determined procedures.
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates good Time Management Skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders as needed.
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors.
- Required activities include walking and standing for long periods of time.
- Follow ISO 9001 procedures to perform lab tests.
- Follow laboratory safe practices.
- Document and report Internal and Supplier Quality Incidents,
- Maintain data in lab notebook or electronically in D3FO.
- Organization and control of work area, including high density storage and Lab.
- Calibrations as assigned.
- Retrieve data from the business management system (D3FO) as needed.
- Basic Instrumentation: pH Meter, Densitometer, Moisture Analysis, Solid percentage
- Advance Instrumentation: FTIR, Gas Chromatography
- May be asked to work some overtime and weekends if needed.
- Revise or add new ISO 9001 procedures to preform lab tests.
- Work with suppliers and internally to resolve quality problems/incidents, leading investigations with support of higher-level technicians and management.
- Provide support and training to Quality Laboratory Technician I
- Other QC responsibilities as well as coverage for R&D listed below:
- Test packaging materials
- Test raw materials and batches and enter in D3FO.
- Production line QC checks
- Test outside packaged products
- Label review - laser prints, vendor proofs & production labels
- Process Customer returns and complaints to keep up customer satisfaction.
- Participate in Internal Audits of the QMS yearly.
- Participate in Supplier Audits as needed.
- Other QC responsibilities as assigned.
- Conduct stability tests (weight checks)
- Monitor and participate in Test Runs with guidance of the R&D chemist
- Fill special sample orders for customers.
- Blend Laboratory Batch Samples
- Help in creation and testing of Batch Adjustments with assistance from R&D and/or QC Management.
- Other R&D responsibilities as assigned