SalaryUSD TBD TBD
SourceDick's Sporting Goods
DescriptionThe Senior Product Manager - Technology, Platform is responsible for leading the vision and roadmap for the future of Cloud Platforms here at DICK'S Sporting Goods. This role will help build and drive the vision for our Cloud First Strategy. This role will also help define how product teams are structured in areas that are core and foundational to technology but are not "traditional" business facing product teams. To be successful, this role should have empathy for the developer community and be able to "speak the language", while also understanding the patterns and strategies needed to set us apart. The Senior Product Manager - Technology, Platform is responsible for leading and managing a specific Product(s) for DICK'S Sporting Goods. This role focuses on delivering customer value, driving sales, and business outcomes through continuous improvement and delivery of quality products. Managing an enterprise product portfolio requires you to work cross-functionally, communicate up and down the organization, and work closely with your developers, designers, and partners. As the Senior Product Manager-Technology, you are responsible for defining and establishing a comprehensive, enterprise product vision, strategy, roadmap for your portfolio of high value/complex products within a modern development environment. You are the "voice of the product" empathizing with customers, stakeholders, and reviewing data to ensure customer and stakeholder needs are incorporated into and prioritized within the roadmap, directed by data and results. Requires a driven, strategic and tactical leader, who is highly motivated and accountable to deliver outstanding product experiences that achieve enterprise KPIs, including revenue, conversion and customer satisfaction. Interacts with all functional areas of the company including UX/UI Design, Engineering, Executive Management, and Business stakeholders (Site Merchandising, Content, Marketing, Store Operations, Fulfillment, Customer Service) This is a unique role that brings cohesion and coordination to enterprise initiatives by blending strategy, conclusions, and tactics to achieve business results. You must work strategically, driving ideas for growth and new opportunities, while tactically solving customer and business problems that exist in existing products. Job Duties & Responsibilities: Strategy & Planning
- Product Strategy & Roadmap - You own the vision, strategy and roadmap for your Product area. Must be able to distill the "fire hose" of insights, data, and requests into an actionable roadmap inclusive of customer and business partners needs to build both incremental and innovative experiences for your customers. Ensures that value is delivered early, often, and in-sync with customer goals.
- Customer Value & Business Outcomes - Ensures a business outcome is achieved and customers receive a product that provides value, whether it's an MVP or mature product with a new feature. Goes above and beyond defining and delivering. Requires a solid understanding of the inter-relations of our business - financial, marketing, sales, legal, partnerships, customer service, stores, technical capabilities, user experience.
- Know Your Business - Accountable for results. Whether that is maximizing metrics, managing expectations, addressing customer feedback, or prioritizing the backlog. Knowing your numbers, competitors, who is doing what, the next big thing, suggesting innovative ideas to POC and constantly striving to increase revenue and conversion are primary responsibilities for your role. You will provide regular reporting to executive management along with strategies to constantly improve the numbers, hit revenue goals, and maximize return on investment.
- Product Decisions - you will be called upon to make tough decisions, whether it is a go/no-go decision, balancing risks versus reward, pros/cons, dependencies, cost/benefit analysis, or ROI of resource investment. You must stand behind your decision with facts and data. Must be able to recognize when to change course and reverse a decision, subscribing to the philosophy of learning fast, and moving on.
- Features - creates accurate user stories and prioritizes the backlog; working with the team to groom, refine, and ultimately deliver the feature.
- Ceremonies - Participates in standups, planning sessions, demos, and retrospectives. Fosters team collaboration, co-creation, and open communication.
- Testing and Research - Formulates hypothesis to A/B test, prototype, or research, continually refining the product until desired outcome is achieved. Ensures successful tests are translated into new site features.
- Vendors - Accountable for the day to day interaction and management of a handful of key vendor partners, regularly holding business reviews, monitoring SLAs, managing RFPs, negotiating contracts and managing budgets for those services.
- Change Influencer - Acts as an agent of change within your team, organization, and leading to embrace new methodologies, processes, efficiencies and challenging the status quo. Constantly pushing and asking why even if it's to Senior Executives. You must be a strong communicator and partner, capable of influencing a team of designers, developers, stakeholders, and executives to achieve value early and often.
- Leader - Senior product managers control the destiny of Products for the organization. You must evangelize the roadmap; distill complex technical concepts into plain language for stakeholders, and advocate for the customer. Ensuring alignment across your group and the Product organization.
- Partnering - Partners with business and technology stakeholders to define and ensure successful delivery of our consumer and associate facing Commerce experiences. Manages stakeholder expectations and provides education to requestors on prioritization, ROI, and roadmap.
- Staff Management - May lead a team of 1 - 3 Product Managers.
- Prior experience managing and leading high-performance teams.
- Proven track record of delivering world-class product and experiences.
- Capable of quickly establishing and fostering partnerships with executives and other stakeholders in a highly cross-functional, matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple products, and shifting priorities through effective planning, prioritization, delegation and coordination across teams and vendors.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (epics, features, stories), modern software development practices (test driven development, paired programming, continuous deployment), and tools (Jira, Pivotal).
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 5 - 7 Years of experience with relevant education linked to Product Management, or 10+ years without relevant experience linked to Product Management.
- E-commerce or relevant experience, product management or digital strategy with retail, mobile or enterprise commerce platforms preferred.