Who We AreOur work matters - robotics is transforming the world of commerce. Every day our intelligent robots are responsible for getting food and merchandise to thousands of stores across North America. We're an industry changer - we created the first and only fully autonomous, end-to-end supply chain solution. Today, we are driving towards even bigger ideas - and we have the people, technology and leadership to fully realize these aspirations. We have theexcitement and ambition of a startup with the benefits and resources of a proven organization. In this role
- Design, develop, and implement control strategies for robots and other automation equipment.
- Assist with modeling and analysis of electromechanical systems.
- Assist in researching outside sources, evaluate and validate electrical drives, motors, and controllers from outside suppliers; write technical specifications for components.
- Support system testing of systems and subsystems.
- Provide technical support for manufacturing as needed.
- Integrate and configure electromechanical components for new robot designs
- Troubleshoot system problems in production or design by investigating issues related to product performance or production difficulties
- Evaluate and process engineering change requests
- 8+ years of professional experience designing and developing software applications
- Experience with software implementation of one or more: motion control, including open- and closed-loop feedback systems, motors and encoders, stepper motors, and servos.
- Experience with general-purpose programming environments, languages and scripting systems, data analysis packages: Linux, C, Python, Matlab.
- Applicants must have the ability to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain/teach technical concepts to others.
Senior Software Engineer - Robotics Controls