SalaryUSD TBD TBD
SourceBeacon Hill Technologies
- Manages the documenting, tracking, and monitoring and problem-solving of technical issues using the IT Helpdesk system.
- Fields, answers, evaluates, prioritizes, and troubleshoots in a timely manner, incoming Help Desk requests from end users via email and/or help desk software.
- Proactively interviews users to collect information about problems and leads users through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error and recommend correction as needed.
- Provides timely and effective technical support for end users, demonstrating patience during all interactions.
- Documents the Help Desk problem-solving process including successful and unsuccessful actions taken and the resolution to prevent future problems.
- Develops help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users. May be called upon to create and provide training to end users.
- Maintain in depth knowledge of Help Desk supported products and services.
- Monitors, logs, and tracks reported issues and maintains history records and related problem documentation to assist with the building of the data warehouse and other problem-solving documentation protocols.
- Performs hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including upgrading software and hardware configuration.
- Responsible for building, maintaining, and updating system images.
- Assists in the creation and management of system users and their access, including but not limited to e-mail, network shares, software applications, etc.
- Manages and executes the server and software upgrade and patch application lifecycle
- Executes IT related projects and tasks as assigned to them.
- Utilizes the database to read, write and run basic SQL scripts to identify and troubleshoot issues that can be addressed immediately.
- Escalates issues to the software development team and follows the problem through to resolution and communication back to the end user.
- Evaluates and analyzes the end user experiences to find areas of inefficiency and opportunity. Tracks and organizes this information and presents ideas to Management.
- Communicates clearly and frequently
- Displays strong listening skills to fully understand the issue.
- Prioritizes and schedules issues, escalates problems (when required) to the appropriate technician.
- Conducts problem recognition, research, resolution and follow up for user issues.
- BA/BS in Computer Information Systems or a related field required (will consider in school, experience, and training in lieu of degree).
- 4+ years of experience in a corporate IT support environment
- 2+ years' experience in network troubleshooting
- 2+ years' experience in implementing and monitoring security solutions
- Microsoft Server, Active Directory, desktop products, O365 experience.
- Expertise in Microsoft OS, Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office 365, Office desktop products such as Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Microsoft certification or other technical training is desired
- Ability to escalate unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel and collaborate through completion
- Analytical and data driven
- Knowledge of Transact-SQL language and experience utilizing SQL Server Management Studio
- Experience administering a VMware environment
- Experience with Power BI
- HDI certification a plus