SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Brief Description: Systems application mainframe engineer candidate must have Parallel Sysplex experience designing, installing, maintaining and supporting the major application subsystems running on z/OS. Must possess minimum of 7 years previous experience as a systems mainframe engineer installing and supporting at least two of the three major application subsystems, CICS or MQ on z/OS and provide leadership and training.Detailed Description: This candidate will be fulfilling an experienced systems application mainframe engineer position.
- Responsible for the overall management and administration of CICS for z/OS and MQ for z/OS subsystems across multiple Sysplexes and CECS.
- Provides technical direction and education to programmers, analysts and technical support associates.
- Prototypes the new features, functions and strategies of new application subsystems technology.
- Capable of creating the roadmap, processes, best practices, standards and strategies for continuous improvement of monitoring, performance, resiliency, availability, and scalability of CICS and MQ on system z.
- Effective workload balance tuning and performance knowledge
- DB2 for z/OS Experience desired
- CTG experience desired
- REXX experience desired
- Vendor management experience
- Provides 24x7 oncall support within a team rotation
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong Leadership and Communication skills
- Document and enforce data security with consideration for key dependencies of CICS and MQ on system z.
- Expert knowledge of CICS for z/OS or MQ for z/OS along with mainframe related tools such as BMC Catalog Manager, BMC ChangeManager, BMC Apptune, BMC Mainview, IBM -CICS Interdependency Analyzer, IBM -CICS Performance analyzer, SMPE, ISPF, SMS, SMF,
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively interface and partner with all levels of the organization.
- Maintain "State of the Art' knowledge of best practices in systems administration, high availability, metrics and business continuity specifically for CICS for z/OS or MQ for z/OS
- Candidate must be self-motivated and assertive while possessing the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a team environment
- Assists and maintains the improvement of systems administration-related plans, processes, procedures, standards and priorities.
- Provides problem resolution support, specific to CICS and MQ on z issues; identifies and resolves systems application problems, coordinates with programming application users to determine symptoms and ensure accurate problem resolution.
- Plans and implements strategies and procedures for physical disaster/recovery and contingency planning.
- Assists application development and maintenance staff with CICS and MQ on z questions and issues.
- Works with vendors on problem identification and resolution.
- Knowledge of banking industry business processes a plus.