SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Company DescriptionVerisk 3E delivers intelligent compliance solutions that empower companies around the globe to reduce risk, drive continuous improvement and create new growth opportunities. Verisk 3E has set the standard for combining regulatory expertise and enriched global compliance content and transforming it into actionable intelligence to enhance chemical and workplace safety, product safety and stewardship, supply chain stewardship and research and development support. Together, with our customers, we are working to make the world safer-one product, one workplace and one community at a time. To learn more visit www.verisk3e.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies! At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions. Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues. But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger. It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems. At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do. At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk's Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work. Job DescriptionOverview of Job:The engineer codes software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers. Standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software. Oversees testing and develops fixes. Has knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. May review and coach the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude required. The engineer will be a member of a small project team that develops sophisticated enterprise wide applications. The New and Custom Development Team adheres to agile software development principles throughout all phases of the software development process. The engineer contributes primarily through programming expertise, but is expected to be an integral part of all team activities. Additionally, the engineer is expected to work with developers from other development teams to ensure continuity and leveragability of architecture and design. Leadership
- Provides technical assistance and coaching to lower level developers to ensure that they follow the appropriate technical/process standards and that previous lessons learned are leveraged by current projects
- Responsible for collaborating and providing guidance in planning, designing, programming, documentation and implementation of new and existing system architectures and software applications
- Design and develop programming systems making specific determinations about system performance
- Work with developers from other development teams to ensure continuity and leveragability of architecture and design
- Adhere to agile software development principles throughout all phases of the software development process - gathering and reviewing user requirements, database and application design, coding, testing, installation and maintenance, internal and external customer training and product rollout
- Expected to conduct system analysis and development, to keep systems current with changing technologies.
- Responsible for analysis of current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting
- Responsible for developing new programs and proofing the program to develop needed changes to assure production of a quality product in addition to analysis of current programs and processes, and making recommendations which yield a more cost effective product.
- Writes, edits, and debugs new computer programs for assigned projects
- Review and repair legacy code.
- Tests new programs to ensure that logic and syntax are correct, and that program results are accurate
- Document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables on procedural, modular and database level.
- Respond promptly and professionally to bug reports
- Promote customer services according to company standard
- Effectively communicate with internal and external clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies.
- Completes all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan.
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.