SalaryUSD TBD TBD
TheServer Assistant is responsible for providing prompt and courteous table and customer service to customers.ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS:
- Delivers water and coffee to tables for customers.
- Clears tables of plates, glassware and silverware promptly and efficiently and pre-buss tables when appropriate.
- Removes dishes and glassware from tables properly to minimize breakage.
- Sets tables promptly and efficiently.
- Keeps ice bins stocked throughout the restaurant.
- Responds to guest requests in a professional, courteous and efficient manner.
- Properly disposes of leftover foods and garbage.
- Moves restaurant tables and chairs as necessary to accommodate different sized groups.
- Completes daily and special cleaning projects as necessary.
- Properly reclaims condiments, sugars, jams, etc.
- Assists with dish washing and performs special cleaning projects as necessary.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills and ability to maintain concentration while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn all company training materials.
- Knowledge of proper food handling, food storage, and sanitation procedures
- Proper food handling or equivalent certification or ability to obtain upon hire.
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, push, pull, and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively; Balance and carry trays, plates, and tubs.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds repetitively.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Work in hot areas of kitchen (around dishwasher, ovens, cooking equipment) and cold areas (walk in refrigerators and freezers).
- Operate cash register, credit card machine and POS system.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent, or previous customer service or hospitality-related work experience preferred.
- Food safety knowledge required.
Additional InformationGrand Canyon North Rim, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.