SalaryUSD $72 - 77 per hour 72 - 77 per hour
SourceRandstad Corporate Services
job summary:One of our Raleigh clients is looking to add a Principal Software Engineer to their growing team.The ideal candidate will be able to do "full stack" development leveraging industry standard tools like C# and Oracle/SQL Server database development, have design and architecture skills, and understand the full software development lifecycle from concept to production. Understand Test Driven Development (TDD) and not only know about it but able to implement it well and teach others to do the same while striving for impeccable quality. Candidate will understand the critical need for continuous integration, early feedback, and the value of automated pipelines all the way through to production to provide that feedback. The competitive candidate will not only be a technical leader and possess strong technical skill but will help drive new and innovate ideas and designs based on prior experience to enable our solutions to evolve to leverage new and more modern approaches to things like streaming and real-time analytics, new heights of performance, and to increase quality, efficiency, and velocity.Required Skills and Experience:
- 10 years of related experience using C# and .NET Full Framework to design, develop and test applications.
- 5 or more years of direct SQL Server or Oracle RDBMS development experience.
- 5 or more years working in large scale, multi-threaded environments.
- 3 or more years of related experience using .NET Core Framework.
- 3 or more years of Azure or other Public Cloud experience.
- 3 or more years of working experience with CI/CD Pipelines.
- 3 years of direct Agile/Scrum experience.
- 2-3 years of direct WCF and/or REST development experience.
- 1-2 years of Streaming and Real Time Analytics experience.
- Expert knowledge of Visual Studio.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including to senior and/or executive management
- Angular 9 or better
- Apache Ignite
- Kafka and KsqlDB databases
- Apache Spark or other batch analytics systems
- Actor pattern implemented on the Orleans Framework or other similar framework
- Kubernetes, Docker, and Microservice Development
- YAML based CI/CD pipelines
- Azure DevOps Services or other ALM systems
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) in a large setting
- Write high quality and high performing code meeting key business requirements
- Ability to lead a team in an Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver product on a fast cadence
- Work in a highly collaborative environment, interacting constantly with the team and external stakeholders to ensure high value and high quality delivery
- Work daily across the globe and multiple time zones
- Develop test driven/test first unit and functional/integration tests
- Coordinate analysis, design, implementation and test of a large software systems
- Determine scope of effort for large projects - identify risks and implement viable courses of action.
- Ensure that projects are planned and executed in a timely and efficient manner
- Understand business objectives linked to the development and application of technology
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Cloud (3 years of experience is required)
- C# .Net (10 years of experience is required)
- Angular JS (3 years of experience is preferred)
- Apache (3 years of experience is preferred)