Accessibility Test EngineerNorth Carolina, Durham, 27701 Durham USA
Job Description:Do you want to improve the inclusiveness and accessibility of web sites and mobile applications for all Fidelity customers?The RoleIn this role you will be an Accessibility Test Engineer focused on ensuring the channels used to communicate with our customers meets the accessibility standards of Fidelity and our customers. Our customers are the backbone of who Fidelity is, and we understand that it is critical that every customer has a voice. This role will ensure that the channels we have available for our customers can be accessed by our customers.The Expertise You Have:
- Bachelor's degree and 1-3 years' experience in digital accessibility testing and development
- Understanding of Section 508, WCAG 2.1, WAI-ARIA, HTML5 and Web Standards
- Expertise in testing web and mobile applications, PDF, and video content accessible
- Experience coaching and mentoring accessibility novices and working with them to resolve issues
- Expertise in Functional and Automated Testing with automation tools (Selenium OR similar tool using Java)
- Understanding of how people with disabilities use assistive technologies
- Proven experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Nice to have
- IAAP CPACC certification
- IAAP WAS certification
- Strong accessibility, functional and automated testing skills
- Understanding of assistive technologies (JAWS, NVDA, Voiceover, Talkback, ZoomText, Dragon Naturally Speaking for evaluating experiences)
- Passion for advocating for users of all abilities and crafting phenomenal user experiences
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent initiatives and adapt to their changing needs
- Willingness to question how we can do things better
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with enterprise monitoring solutions for web and pdf
- Partner with software development teams to test digital experiences for accessibility compliance.
- Help software engineers and non-technical business leads to understand accessibility success criteria
- Teach others on how to best fix issues and implement accessibility processes and methodologies.
- Help define and implement Accessibility Test Strategy across our digital products.
- Participate in strategic projects to forward Digital Accessibility and Inclusion including helping to evolve Fidelity's suite of in-house testing tools, our A11y intranet site, a framework agnostic pattern library, user research with customers with disabilities, and Accessibility & Digital Inclusion hackathons.
Software Engineer in Test - Direct Client
Principal Software Engineer in Test