SalaryUSD BASED ON EXPERIENCE BASED ON EXPERIENCE
SourceAlpha Consulting Corp.
ADMINISTRATIVE TRANSPORTATION PLANNER (REMOTE) CHARLOTTE, NC Monday - Friday - 8am-4pm-ish; SOME OT possible and SOME weekends possibleProject Description:
- Role Purpose:
- Responsible for managing and contacting bulk customers to validate the accuracy of the order on file at the TMS level prior to carrier tender S/T location, contact information, bulk product, and quantity to be delivered.
- Meter or scale unload etc. just to name a few of the order validation steps.
- Document all customer contacts according to the call script guidelines.
- Manage and perform all data updates in TMS followed with email updates to customer service.
- Work independently with or without direct supervision.
- Maintain order integrity by verifying all order information.
- Must be comfortable and courteous on the telephone.
- Work closely with the bulk control tower team and take directions.
- Able to analyze data to implement best practices supporting integrated process improvement opportunities.
- Masterful customer service skills supporting multiple customer accounts.
- Proactively analyzes and implements best practices and process improvement opportunities.
- Utilizes transportation software system to identify least cost routing and shipment consolidation to minimize cost.
- Coordinates daily activity to track and monitor delivery status and movement of goods to customers.
- Communicates with Snyder's-Lance sites to optimize customer service and freight spend.
- Works with shipping department to establish load appointment schedule.
- Routes special customer orders as needed.
- Acts as a contact for brokers and carriers.
- Works with planners to ensure internal transfers are shipping timely.
- Assists with scheduling pick up appointments for carriers.
- Coordinates any inbound loads with planners and manufacturing.
- May perform other duties as required.
EXPERIENCED FREIGHT TRANSPORTATION BROKER AGENTS &/OR FLEET OPERATORS