SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Apex Systems is looking to hire a Data Engineer for one of their reputable clients in the Charlotte, NC area. This contract is 100% remote and is slated to go until 12/31/2021 with possible extension and conversion. If you are interested in the following requirements please send your resume directly to or apply directly today. Thank you! Position: Data Integration Engineer Location: 100% Remote Length: 12/31/21 + most likely will extend or could convert FTE Description: This position is responsible for developing and supporting integration solutions between customers' clinical and administrative information systems and developing product lines. This includes the analysis, specification, design, development, testing, implementation, and support of interfaces through the full life cycle of the product. This position requires candidates who are able to rapidly learn new technologies, identify resolutions to business issues quickly, make solid technical and business recommendations that fit customer needs, and work to deliver and support the appropriate solutions in a timely, professional manner.Ideally, this position also has hands-on subject matter expertise in one or more clinical vendor-specific systems, specializing in data integration with those vendor systems. They play a key role in on-going support for the implemented clients. Consult on unique production issues a client may have, making recommendations and guiding less experienced staff in resolution.This position collaborates daily with end users, members, vendors, clients, consultants, Pulse team and other internal teams to meet deliverables. The Data Integration Engineer also provides leadership and sets the pace for the implementation team through leading by example, providing guidance and consulting throughout implementation projects, and mentoring other staff and contractors. Requirements: 5+ years of experience with the following skills:
- Object-oriented programming- specifically Java experience -writing and deploying code. (Currently on Java 1.7 and moving into 1.8)
- Linux/Unix experience- just need to be familiar and comfort working at the command line
- SQL experience- this is the way the data is received and processed.
- Experience with some kind of code repository - They use GIT
- Good communication skills- Will be working with the client to provide feedback and work through any issues that may evolve during the data integration cycle. Can sometimes be 1 on 1 meeting with the client or could be a team meeting with the client where you would need to speak up.
- Healthcare knowledge or experience working within hospital environment or with healthcare clients
- Apache Camel- open source framework they use for routing of messages.
- HL7 data would be a plus but not required
- Determines and analyzes interface/integration capabilities between client hospital information systems and products by reviewing specifications and working with interface vendors and client technical teams to determine the best interface options.
- Analyzes raw data for structure, format, content, and relationships to ensure compatibility and requirements for the various analyses performed.
- Develops and maintains scripts, regular expressions, and other data transformations needed to support data interfacing.
- Generally sets up data processing for new clients to ensure proper data flow, analysis, and reporting.
- Serves as a liaison with vendors, clients, and consultants to resolve data integration issues.
- Collaborate closely with other internal teams to ensure proper data context, mapping, and analysis processing.
- Support applications and interfaces throughout all phases of implementation
- Implement changes to extracts as needed
- Deliver post-implementation support, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- On-call support responsibilities as assigned
- Provides application and client user support.
- Performs ad-hoc queries to troubleshoot and 'sleuth' data issues; often as a result of client Help Desk issues.
- Plan, design, implement, maintain, and provide ongoing optimization and support for specified clinical and/or business applications
- Execute builds, upgrades, and system enhancements as needed.
- Build and provide SQL and other database query technology for writing packages, functions, stored procedures, triggers and creating tables and indexes
- Performs data profiling, data analysis and modeling to provide customer-focused solutions
- Advise on the development of data specifications and canonicals that reflect source system data balanced with application requirements
- Participate in planning sessions and provide status reports using task tracking tools such as JIRA
- Communicate with Members regarding integration requirements and customizations