Job#: 1271880 Job Description: Apex Systems has an opening for a Chemist in the Charlotte area, if interested please contact Hannah Montgomery at Position Summary/Objective:The Chemist will be responsible for the development of liquid inks and provide technical assistance and support of current customers and products. Other responsibilities include product portfolio enhancement, profitability improvement, and broaden technology innovation.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Essential Job Functions:
Standing Bending Using hands to handle or feel Reach above shoulder level Talk or hear Walking Push/Pull See color distinctions Lifting to 25 lbs. Lifting to 50 lbs. Lifting over 50 lbs. Office Environment Plant/Manufacturing Environment Exposure to changes in humidity and/or temperature Risk of electric shock Exposure to airborne fumes/particles Works in confined spaces Handles hazardous wasteUp to 20%Up to 50%Up to 90%Up to 75%Up to 20%Up to 90%Not at allUp to 10%Up to 90%Not at allUp to 80%EEO EmployerApex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or .
- Receives project assignments from supervisor and formulates inks and coatings as required.
- Carries out approved standard test procedures and develops new ones.
- Prepares prints of inks and coatings or other exhibits for internal and customer use.
- Participates in planning and analysis of lab projects as required.
- In association with the Supervisor, submits final formulation to manufacturing or manufacturing services.
- Assists in producing technical data write-up for internal and customer use.
- Prepares oral and written reports to supervisor as required.
- Records and maintains records and reports project progress
- Accountable for good housekeeping and proper safety practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in chemistry, graphic arts or other related science degree or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to communicate technical data - customer reports, technology transfer, internal presentation
- Competency on internal programs such as GPM, SAP, ISO and RisQ.
- Solid Math skills and Time/Project Management skills