SalaryUSD TBD TBD
The Engineering Manager reports to the Director of Engineering. You will lead an engineering team, providing strategic direction within an organization focused on the development, test and manufacturing of high quality intrusion control panel products, sensors, services and peripheral devices for the electronic security industry.
- Leverage your prior functional expertise to drive and mentor a team day to day to reach their delivery and learning goals.
- Lead multiple cross-functional product development teams, typically in an agile environment, focused on developing intrusion systems, services and technologies as part of integrated security solutions for commercial buildings (IoT systems). These products encompass amongst other things: edge devices, networking devices, controllers, IP and cellular communicators, cloud infrastructure, microservices, user interfaces, remote programming utilities and central station receivers.
- Provide direction in regards to design for quality, cost efficiency, performance, usability and manufacturability based on Bosch engineering processes and quality standards.
- Responsible for managing product and technologies compliant to legal, industry standard regulatory, data security, data privacy and other global standards. In conjunction with compliance coordinators establish/maintain a working relationship with regulatory labs and agencies.
- Direct your engineering team to utilize teamwork and collaboration skills with product managers, project managers, key stakeholders, architects and UX designers to define requirements, solutions and risk mitigation plans for project delivery.
- Have an understanding of the big picture and support the team by helping to prioritize competing obligations and be the champion for your team.
- Support other engineering groups in the creation, improvement, and execution of their continuous improvement plans.
Build relationships with international engineering and product management teams.
Communicate technical ideas, solutions and project progress to executive management.
You are passionate about engineering management, mentoring, creating opportunities and providing training to support your associate’s success. You have high expectations of your team driving a culture of accountability and continuous improvement; you manage the performance of your team by communicating clear organizational goals, provide ongoing feedback and removing impediments. You foster a work culture that encourages individual decision-making and innovation.
Recruit and retain the technical talent required to solve architecture, design and support problems.
Bachelor's degree in an Engineering program.
8+ years of experience working with regulatory labs and notified bodies, in a product development environment.
5+ years of experience in R&D leadership and management.
1+ years of experience working with international teams.
Masters / Post-Graduate degree
You have managed multi-functional teams before and have experience in an agile development environment.
Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills are essential.
Display an ownership mindset and be accountable for the team’s deliverables.
Ability to communicate complex technical / regulatory / legal content in simple, layperson terms.
Superior organization skills, effective prioritization and decision-making skills.
Possess a positive, can-do attitude and be an excellent team player.
Experience developing: electronic / embedded software / web services / mobile products
Knowledge of Security System Products
Knowledge of FCC, CE, UL, EN, data security, data privacy and other standards
Knowledge of quality principles and tools such as QFD, Pugh, FMEA, and DFMA,
Knowledge of cloud infrastructure including Microsoft Azure, microservices, and Splunk
Awareness of TLS, IPsec, SSL VPN.
Advocate the benefits of CI/CD and fostering a DevOps culture across the engineering organization.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)
Engineering Manager, Controls
Manager, Engineering Partnerships
Software Engineering Manager, Marketing Technology
Manager, Systems Engineering - Prisma Cloud Enterprise