SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Senior DataStage Developer 6+ month ContractJob DescriptionResponsibilities
- Analyze data requirements, complex source data, and the data model and determine best methods in extracting, transforming and loading data into data staging, and warehouse.
- Work closely with functional teams to understand requirements regarding ETL design flows and data integration. Collaborate on definition, development, and maintenance of standards and processes.
- Develop ETL solutions using data warehouse design best practices. Create, update and maintain Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) system form OLTP or Staging database
- Create Program Code, Unit Test and Peer Review, and other technical documentation
- Support continuous improvement in Data Warehouse solutions and processes
- Support client data exchange and integration needs by leveraging technical expertise in database applications, ETL processes, and automation
- Foundational data administration tasks such as scheduling, troubleshooting, issue identification and backups.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Nine (9) years of Information Technology experience
- Five (5) years of experience in Middleware, Data Warehouse, Data Mart and Data Integration applications
- Five (5) years of IBM Infosphere DataStage experience including experience with 11.7.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with IBM Infosphare Data Stage ETL tool
- Three (3) years experience with data warehousce solution designs supporting data stores such as ODS, EDW and DataMart
- Three (3) years experienced developing ETL solutions supporting star schema and snowflake designs using Ralph Kimball Design Methodogy
- Three (3) years experience with database design/modeling tools (preferably ERWIN), modeling techniques (multidimensional, logical and physical models).
- Three (3) years experience creating DataStage parallel and sequence jobs using standards.
- Two (2) years Healthcare Industry experience
- Strong understanding of OLAP business intelligence applications
- Strong understanding of reporting and database environments, processes, and associated applications
- Competencies leveraging data visualization tools for senior management and enterprise data visualization
- Ability to translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement required reports and dashboards
- Extensive experience writing and tuning complex SQLs, with insight on database indexes and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to code and maintain Unix Shell scripts
- Experience working in Linux environment
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience with IBM InfoSphere QualityStage.
- Hands-on experience with data architecture and data analysis skill sets
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills, including mapping of business need or issue to development of application requirements or procedural initiatives.
- Strong understanding of reporting and database environments, processes, and associated applications.
- Well-developed knowledge of operational systems, processes and budgeting/forecasting concepts and activities
- Proven ability to ensure effective forms of documentation essential for support of overall technical and user needs.
- Ability to work in complex matrix organization