.Net Developer with Capital Market in New York City NYNew York, Newyorkcity, 10176 Newyorkcity USA
Role: .Net Developer Location: New York City, NY Duration: 12+ Months Work Status: Contract Job Description: The Front Office Senior Software Developer will work on the in-house Equity Swaps & Derivatives Trading System. Candidate will possess technical expertise to build, enhance and support existing and new front office trading applications. He/She must be a self-starter who is willing to work independently in a demanding trading environment. This person should be rigorous, results driven and should be able to work with minimal supervision with exemplary follow through. Previous experience in equity swaps or synthetic prime, equity derivatives, convertible bonds or equity linked trading. Ideal candidate has a minimum bachelor's degree in software engineering or computer science, as well as several years of experience in an Equity Swaps environment. Responsibilities The candidate will be expected to develop and support financial services applications related to:
- Equity and Portfolio Swap life cycle and life cycle event.
- Synthetic Prime,
- Portfolio, Equity and Total Return Swaps,
- Equities and equity trading.
- Understanding of equity swap hedge execution lifecycle.
- Design and Implement best of breed technologies to re-position our existing platform for the future.
- Possess good communication skills
- Candidate should have strong knowledge of:
- Microsoft based C# programming. Visual Studio and experience with TFS. Frontend and server side development.
- Databases, Microsoft SQL Server programming.
- Understanding of message queues and middleware.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Office products
- Working knowledge of Portfolio and total return swaps in an equities environment, supporting traders, operations, and middle office.
- Team player with a "can-do" attitude who can deliver under high pressure and tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as excellent communication skills, verbal and written to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- High motivated and self-starter
- 5-10+ years of experience in C# .NET & C.
- 5-10+ years of experience in capital markets working and strong knowledge & understanding of financial products ideally Equity Swaps/Synthetic Prime.
- WPF development.
- Windows services and WCF.
- Web Services.
- Supporting traders, operations, middle office end to end.
- Equity derivatives.
- Stock borrow/stock loan.
- Other front office, back office, risk management and trading technologies are a plus.