SourceLorven Technologies, Inc.
Job Title: Systems Resource Engineer Location: NYC Duration: Long term contract Job Description:
- Hiring for a client which seeks to build upon a foundation of niche strategies that aim to achieve low correlation to traditional and alternative asset classes with attractive and persistent risk-adjusted returns across different market cycles. They allocate capital dynamically across strategies based on the potential risk and reward, and the opportunity set for each individual investment team.
- We are looking for an experienced SRE (Systems Resource Engineer) to work with our engineering team to develop, implement, optimize, and maintain cloud-based solutions. You will be responsible for deploying and maintaining SNS/SQ, Hazel cast, Terraform, ELK, Kafka, ServiceNow, Monitoring and Trending platforms.
- To be successful as an SRE you should be able to identify the most optimal cloud solutions and maintain cloud-based platforms in accordance with best practices and company security policies. A top-notch SRE should have excellent troubleshooting skills, stay current with industry trends, and should be a team player.
- The right individual will directly engage with internal teams and support cloud initiatives across the firm.
- Implementing and managing SNS/SQ, Hazel cast, Terraform, ELK, Kafka, Kubernetes, ServiceNow, Monitoring and Trending platforms in cloud environments in accordance with best practices and company security guidelines
- Deploying and maintaining third party and open-source platforms in cloud environments as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle
- Collaborating with engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud-based solutions
- Modifying and improving existing systems
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based technology stacks and initiatives
- Designing, developing and deploying modular cloud-based systems
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving: technology stack operational gaps, stability and vulnerabilities
- Regularly reviewing existing systems and making recommendations for improvements
- Interacting with traders and technology staff, providing platform support, and making recommendations based on the firm's needs
- Bachelor's or Technical degree in computer science or a related field
- 7+ years of experience working with AWS and a proven track record of building complex platforms on Linux
- Expert level knowledge of SNS/SQ, Hazel cast, Terraform, ELK, Kafka, ServiceNow
- Well-rounded knowledge of monitoring and trending platforms
- Sound experience with Python, shell scripting
- Sound knowledge of server infrastructure, virtualization, and cloud computing
- Experience with architecting and maintaining high availability production systems
- Experience in cloud-based software installation, configuration and patching
- Knowledge of system monitoring in a cloud environment including cloud specific products and tools
- Experience with monitoring architecture and implementing monitoring agents, dashboards, escalations and alerts
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent analytical skills
Systems Resource Engineer - NYC - Remote
Senior Application Security Engineer - fully remote forever
Security Engineer - Northeast (Remote)