SalaryUSD Depends on Experience Depends on Experience
SourceGCOM Software LLC
Innovate. Collaborate. Thrive.GCOM Software is changing the way governments work. And we’re supporting our clients in a new way. We’re reliable, capable and agile. Our fast paced and energetic culture allows our employees to make an impact. We are proud to do work that matters – and to be viewed as a national player in the government arenas of regulatory and inspection automation, customer engagement and criminal justice systems and the Women Infant and Children (WIC) programs. We also specialize in product development, custom off the shelf (COTS) Implementations, and system integration services, including full application development lifecycle. At GCOM, we are known as being a great place to work and a place to build your career! You will work with awesome technical teams to design and implement solutions for clients in a multiplatform environment. You will be encouraged to be creative and given the opportunity to leverage a wide variety of technical tools. Your energy, analytical, technical and business skills will drive real impact in your community.Are you looking to Collaborate, Innovate and Thrive? Come join our growing team doing great work to make lives easier for the constituents of state and local governments.GCOM is looking for candidates, to fill a role ofPower BI Developer/Report Writer to join our New York City School Construction Authority (SCA) Team located in Long Island City, NY. Key Responsibilities:
- Power BI development and administration. Requirements gathering and analysis; design methodology, testing, documentation, and deploying report solutions.
- Building Analysis Services reporting models.
- Developing visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards using Power BI desktop.
- Create paginated reports using Power Bi Builder
- Connecting to data sources, importing data and transforming data for Business Intelligence.
- Support includes but is not limited to: user request collection and fulfillment; creation, enhancement and maintenance of Power BI reports.
- Progress and status reporting and use of SCA project and requirements management tools
- Bachelor's degree in in Computer Science or Management of Information Systems, with considerable work experience in similar fields.
- Excellent in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports.
- Ability to create PowerBI reports, dashboards and visualizations
- Proficient in creating DAX queries in Power BI desktop.
- Expertise in using advance level calculations on data sets.
- Able to develop tabular and multidimensional models that are compatible with warehouse standards.
- Adept in developing, publishing and scheduling Power BI reports, per business requirements.
- Able to properly understand the business requirements and develop data models or work with the Data warehouse team on data modeling.
- Should have knowledge and experience in prototyping, designing, and requirement analysis.
- Ability to incorporate new features and techniques as released by Microsoft.
- Able to integrate Power BI reports into other applications using embedded analytics like Power BI service (SaaS), or by API automation. Also, one must be experienced in developing custom visuals for Power BI.
- Good knowledge and experience in understanding of logical and physical data models (5 years)
- Excellent client interface and training skills
- Ability to lead and influence team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, adapt to changing environments and multi-task
- Must be detail and process oriented
- Possess a collaborative working style and the ability to work independently in a team environment
Full Stack Developer
Specialist, Full-Stack Developer
Ruby on Rails Developer