SourceMTA New York City Transit
Technical Infrastructure Engineer Specialist Level 1-5New York, New york city, 10004 New york city USA
Job InformationJob Title: Technical Infrastructure Engineering Specialist Levels 1-5 Salary Range: Level 1 - Min.: $60,481 Mid.: $80,641.00 Max.: $100,801 Level 2 - Min.: $63,304 Mid.: $84,405.50 Max.: $105,507 Level 3 - Min.: $66,127 Mid.: $88,169.50 Max.: $110,212 Level 4 - Min.: $70,706 Mid.: $94,274.50 Max.: $117,843 Level 5 - Min.: $81,159 Mid.: $108,212.50 Max.: $135,266 Hay Points: Level 1 - 208 Level 2 - 245 Level 3 - 282 Level 4 - 342 Level 5 - 479 Dept/Div: MTA Information Technology/Data Center Operations Supervisor: Lead - Release & Deployment Management Location: 2 Broadway and other locations as required Hours of Work: 9:00 AM -5:30 PM (7.5 hours/day) or as required Deadline: Open until filled In order to protect our employees and continue to provide safe and reliable service to our communities, as of November 14, 2021 we are requiring all new MTA hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. MTA will consider exceptions for religious and medical reasons, where appropriate. "Fully vaccinated" means you must have both doses of a 2-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the second dose or have received 1 dose of a 1-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the dose. Proof of your vaccination status in the form of a CDC vaccine card must be submitted prior to your start date. Summary The purpose of this position is to perform Software Release and Deployment work that is focused on one or more applications with the objective to minimize disruption to the MAT IT production environment. Responsibilities include developing and maintaining processes, procedures and controls, and deploying software into the production environment. Responsibilities Level 1
- Provides routine preventative maintenance on assigned technologies, following established procedures to ensure availability and functioning of systems.
- Assists in executing tests and reporting on system performance to support implementation to one or more components of the infrastructure.
- Performs basic troubleshooting and escalates issues as appropriate to ensure effective resolution of technical problems.
- Monitors problem logs and records to identify potential technical issues.
- Participates on project teams, providing information and documentation and executing well defined changes under guidance to ensure the infrastructure meets organization needs.
- Interfaces with users on specific issues and needs to effectively coordinate system resources.
- Provides standard and non-standard maintenance on assigned technologies, choosing from among a number of different procedures to ensure availability and functioning of systems.
- Executes tests and report on system performance to support implementation to one or more components of the infrastructure.
- Performs standard and non-standard troubleshooting and escalates issues as appropriate to ensure effective resolution of technical problems.
- Monitors system performance and documents system errors in order to suggest improvements that will better meet user needs.
- Works with more experienced colleagues and other IT technical resources to improve coordination of infrastructure requirements and analyze issues as they arise.
- Participate in the evaluation of new products and technologies, under the direction and guidance of senior colleagues, relevant to assigned infrastructure area to enhance technology engineering service value.
- Repairs, maintains and provides preventative maintenance for an area of the infrastructure to ensure systems availability targets are met.
- Implements changes to one or more components of the infrastructure, executing tests and reporting on performance, to meet requested needs.
- Troubleshoots hardware and software problems by analyzing a chain of events and applying technical knowledge following established procedures and standards to resolve immediate customer needs.
- Maintains and updates existing documentation and standard operating procedures to ensure accurate and timely information is available for assigned systems.
- Executes to the defined product lifecycle, manages the product lifecycle for a component of the infrastructure, proposes changes for implementation, gathers data and analyzes capacity and performance to assure operational availability.
- Analyzes the current state of the infrastructure and identifies opportunities for improvement to ensure systems meet business needs. Contributes to changes to established roadmaps, documents them effectively and executes the implementation of changes in their area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides ongoing support and troubleshooting for installed technical solutions by analyzing a chain of events and applying technical knowledge, following established procedures and standards to resolve immediate customer needs.
- Tests new products and technologies relevant to assigned infrastructure subsets to enhance technology engineering service value. Implements and/or supports the implementation of new technologies for their area of the infrastructure.
- Promotes technical standards and supports migration efforts to the future infrastructure to maximize and share learning.
- Contributes to disaster recovery and contingency plans related to their area of the infrastructure, where applicable, to provide users with minimal interruptions in service.
- Builds new components of the infrastructure within their domain (e.g., networking, storage) to meet requested needs or needs they may have identified, and in consideration of the current and future architecture. Adds new components to a roadmap, documents them effectively, and directs the testing and implementation of changes.
- When provided with an objective to improve performance in their area(s) of technology, develops and implements action plans needed to effect the change.
- Research new technologies/products and their impact on the infrastructure, prepares a preliminary evaluation of technologies/products and associated costs, and develops and presents recommendations to support anticipated future business needs.
- Receives performance data and analyzes the performance of installed technologies. Proposes and implements any required changes, including identifying and planning for any resulting impacts on other technologies to optimize system availability and continuity.
- Provides ongoing support and troubleshooting for issues escalated from more junior engineers on installed technical solutions to resolve immediate customer needs.
- Provides guidance and technical coaching to less experienced staff to support effective workflow and develop technical talent.
- Performs basic troubleshooting, following detailed instructions as defined by existing protocols.
- Seeks advice from more experienced co-workers as needed.
- Performs software deployment with version control protocols.
- Experience with SQL scripting to implement and maintain store procedures.
- Experience with Power Shell scripting to implement and maintain store procedures.
- Perform deployment using automated tools such as Visual Source Safe, CA Harvest Software Change Manager, and mainframe tool SCLM.
- Experience with industry practice and principals related to IT Change Management.
- Flexibility to respond with changing needs and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Performs basic troubleshooting, following established procedures as defined by existing protocols as such can resolve nearly all basic problems encountered in the environment.
- Finds solutions to and develops documentation for basic problems.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements, recommending them to leadership for adoption.
- Supports the creation of new procedures. Creates and updates documentation as necessary.
- Analyzes the current state of the infrastructure and identifies opportunities for improvement. Proposes design changes for review by more senior engineers.
- Proposes changes to established roadmaps, documents them effectively and implements the changes in their area(s) of responsibility.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting which may involve significant choices between many different possible procedures to address the problem. Solves most problems independently.
- Conducts complete diagnostics of most technical problems, factoring in an understanding of the technical architecture. Identifies changes required to specifications/roadmaps for technical systems within their areas of expertise.
- Identifies the necessary actions required to improve performance in their area(s) of technology and leads the improvement initiatives.
- Anticipates implementation obstacles.
- May contribute to the analysis of cross-technology and cross-platform issues.
- Typical candidates will possess an Associate's Degree in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent experience.
- Must possess a basic knowledge and familiarity with installing, maintaining and troubleshooting technology systems.
- Typical candidates will possess an Associate's Degree in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent experience and 2+ years of relevant experience, or a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- Must possess a basic knowledge and familiarity with installing, maintaining and troubleshooting technology systems and a proven ability to troubleshoot and support technical issues.
- Typical candidates will possess a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent experience and 1+ years of relevant experience.
- Must possess prior experience with installing, maintaining and troubleshooting technology systems and a proven ability to troubleshoot and support technical issues using standardized procedures.
- Typical candidates will possess a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent experience and 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Proven ability to independently evaluate and resolve most problems within an area of the infrastructure.
- Typical candidates will possess a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent experience and 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Must possess broad technical knowledge of multiple technologies, or an in-depth knowledge of one technology including its impact on other technologies.