SourceMTA New York City Transit
Job InformationJOB TITLE: Product Manager Orchestrator SALARY RANGE: Min. $106,035 Mid. $141,380 Max. $176,725 POINTS: 805 HAT DEPT/DIV: MTA IT / Enterprise Product Management SUPERVISOR: Product Director Orchestrator LOCATION: 2 Broadway, New York, NY 10004 HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 AM -5:30 PM (7.5 hours) or as required This posting is available to MTA internal employees only Summary The purpose of this position is to ensure the Product Line Team has clarity of capacity and demand, and provide clarity and governance around the balance of work and adherence to the budget aligned for the product. This role will ensure there is an understanding of the throughput and cycle time for features. The Product Manager Orchestrator will understand and communicate the velocity variance for the Product Delivery Teams utilizing Scrum and throughput variance for delivery Teams utilizing Kanban. This position will also ensure with the Scrum Masters that the ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) is being utilized correctly to enable metrics, and will warrant product decisions are in alignment with the budgets and financial guidelines. Responsibilities
- Ensure that there is an understanding of the throughput and cycle time for Features within the Product Category.
- Understand and communicate the velocity variance for Delivery Teams using Scrum and throughput variance for Delivery Teams using Kanban.
- Ensure with the Scrum Masters that the ALM is being used correctly to enable metrics.
- Align Team Processes with the organization governance model and best-practices.
- Ensure that the Product Team Assessments are completed on a regular cadence
- Actively manage risks, impediments, dependencies, and assumptions with the rest of the Product Team to reduce impact early.
- Identify Features with clear connection to Epic success criteria.
- Solutions decisions aligned with the strategic vision, reducing organizational risk to maintain alignment with strategy, budget, and financial guidelines.
- Provide a primary escalation point for Scrum Masters and to Portfolio Orchestrator.
- Ensure team orchestration with both Portfolio and Delivery Teams is effective.
- Orchestrate Product Team communications.
- Provide a point of contact for the System of Delivery/governance.
- Experience developing solutions and performing work using agile principles. Experience visualizing processes and requirements for developer consumption.
- Experienced working with agile management tools such as Jira, Kanban Board, Confluence, Teams, etc.
- Experience/knowledge with Agile methodologies (Lean, DevOps, Scrum).
- Comfortable operating in rapidly changing environments.
- Excellent communication, presentation creation and delivery skills (MS PowerPoint) with the ability to communicate with a broad set of constituencies, both technical and non-technical.
- Proven experience/involvement on successful development products involving cross functional teams.
- Ability to manage and leverage working relationships in a productive manner, ability to manage conflict in purposeful fashion.
- Process focused by utilizing a methodical approach to completing objectives in a thorough and efficient manner.
- Effective problem solver by analyzing problems involving people, processes, and collaboratively crafting solutions to address root causes.