Salary$114000.0 - $132000.0 per annum
SourcePaul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
The Applications Analyst acts as the primary support for a portfolio of Desktop & Office Productivity technologies. Liaise with business stakeholders and vendors to continuously improve and extend the firm's applications and platforms. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions):
- Product owner for the firm's Office Template development platform and custom Office ribbons and macros.
- Provide support for the firm's Office productivity technologies (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and related technologies (Adobe). Product owner of other technologies assigned by the Applications Director
- Evaluate, test and support Mobile applications related to Office Productivity applications.
- Understand the firm's practice areas and business-related needs through ongoing communication with stakeholders to re-envision the Word interface and experience
- Develop a solid technical understanding of these products/solutions and all areas of functionality
- Work with Desktop Systems on client configurations for Office and integrated applications
- Create test cases and test scripts and act as lead tester for all supported applications
- Evaluate and monitor all enhancement requests and defects, and work with appropriate parties to expedite updates/fixes
- Establish relationships with relevant vendors to understand product roadmaps, add-in components, etc.
- Provide guidance on using these technologies and recommendations on how to leverage new features/enhancements
- Provide direct oversight on smaller scale projects and see them through to completion
- Minimum 5 years work experience with 3 years in Word customization
- Minimum 1 year work experience with Litera Application Suite specifically Innova Template Development
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of professionalism and client service orientation
- Able to communicate effectively with firm personnel and clients on all levels
- Stays informed regarding emerging products and technological solutions
- Capable of working as part of a group or independently
- Skilled at meeting strict deadlines under significant time and supervisory pressure
- Excellent decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
- Bachelor's degree required
- Law firm experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including macros and customization
- Working knowledge of SharePoint
- On site during normal working hours and available on site or remotely when necessary before or after normal working hours to monitor, assign, escalate and assist with requests
- Required to monitor and respond to email after hours.
- Ability to engage in off-site travel as required to meet the demands of the job and needs of the firm