A NYS agency located in New York, NY is looking for a Project Manager for a 12 month contract. Onsite work is required. Requirements and skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Business or related field
- Minimum 7 years of experience working in a Project Management Office or business analyst
- Experience with various project management methodologies such as Waterfall/Agile/Scrum
- Solid documentation skills related to business analysis and requirements gathering
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to relate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio, Word, Excel, Project, Service Now, or related applications
- Highly flexible with appropriate sense of urgency and commitment for critical deliverables
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels of the organization including managing through cross-business area or business unit prioritization discussions
- Proven experience in managing cybersecurity projects
- Working knowledge of Servers hardware and Operating Systems such as Windows Server and Linux
- Working knowledge of applications development life cycle, UAT testing, and applications upgrade process
- Experience and understanding of Infrastructure and Applications Cloud services
- Experience and understanding of IT security tools and technologies
- Experience and understanding of data center environments in one or more of the core operating technologies: server, storage, network, database mgmt, system mgmt, DR/BCP best practices Working knowledge of Virtualization technologies
- Previous experience with large scale deployment and migration of technology services across a large Enterprise
- Proven skills in various Project Management methodologies such as Waterfall & Agile
- Strong background in Cybersecurity, Security, & Infrastructure Projects
- Proven ability to produce C-Level presentation materials
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Certification in project management such as PMP and Scrum Master
- IT Security certification is a plus
- Experience with ROI development and budgeting
- 6+ years' experience with: Budgeting, Project Management, Presentation Skills, MS Excel Advanced, MS Office - Expert Level, MS PowerPoint Advanced, MS Project, MS Visio
- 4-6 years' experience with: Information Security
- Demonstrated track record of aligning programs to business goals and strategies
- Careful listener who is personally and professionally self-aware with ability to interact productively with staff at all levels
- A true collaborator and team player who can encourage and promote one team across disciplines to meet common goals and add value to the business
- Prior experience working on a team with cross-functional individuals to meet aggressive business demands
- Perform analysis of business processes, business and system requirements and system design for the development and configuration of software applications that support agency business requirements
- Lead, coordinate and facilitate meetings to review project status with core project team members, key stakeholders and corporate leadership team members.
- Prepare project status reports and other presentation materials for upper management (CIO, VP, President, etc.).
- Effectively communicate project status and expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Develop and track progress against detailed project plans including schedules, technical and business requirements, cost estimates, resources plans, communication plans, risk mitigation plans, issues resolution and capacity planning.
- Act proactively to maintain progress and minimize risk.
- Maintain effective project controls.
- Prepare and submit cost estimates, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Support the programs/projects workstreams, focusing on PMO governance and project management best practices
- Assess projects health, including workstream dependencies, critical path, and project health analysis with PMO team on a routine basis
- Assist in implementing resource management and capacity planning efforts for projects workstreams
- Analyze project reporting outputs for data integrity, trends, themes, and improvement opportunities
- Generate and analyze IT data queries for various IT assets
- Support ad-hoc project data management and report requests
- Prepare materials for program reviews with leadership
- Support project managers needs related to project management processes and tools, troubleshoot project management application issues, as needed
- Maintain library of project management templates and documentation
- Held accountable and responsible delivering systems development solutions from project initiation to project closure
- The Project Manager (PM) will collaborate with program manager, project leaders, resources, and stakeholders to ensure proper coordination and execution of activities related to various processes of project management, communications, budget, and data analysis.
- The position assists in business planning, needs analysis, and business risk assessments.
- The position requires significant interaction with cross-functional departments within the organization and excellent communication and relationship management skills.
Project Manager - Emergency Medicine
PROJECT MANAGER FINANCIAL SERVICES
Project Manager - Salesforce
Infrastructure & Data Center Project Manager
Project manager (salesforce)