SalaryUSD TBD TBD
About the RoleUber Eats is the fastest growing food delivery platform in the world and over the last year we have doubled our gross bookings! Our Uber Eats team is helping to redefine inventory management for a new generation. Our team's work at Uber Eats directly impacts and continues to impact our communities. First, we help feed the Eater, and we help the restaurants stay in business. We help create the Eats ecosystem to connect the two through the tools and systems We create. Overall, this dynamic contributes to the overall success of the economy and Uber. Uber is an established company with a well known brand, but our engineering efforts in New York are just getting started. Help shape the culture here, and get in as a founding member of something big. Be sure to check out the Uber NYC Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.Basic Qualifications:
- Deep system design skills. You know how to build highly-scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique exponential growth requirements. You stay up to date with the latest architectural trends and have experience building systems for scale.
- You have knowledge of a backend stack (some examples include: Java, Node.js, Python, Redis, Kafka, Golang or similar).
- Ability to learn quickly on the go. We're looking for software engineers who thrive while learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to easily adapt to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly-evolving business environment.
- Bias toward action. You believe that speed and quality aren't mutually exclusive. You've shown good judgment about shipping as fast as possible while ensuring your products and platforms are built in a sustainable, responsible wayand you're comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
- Passion and energy. Because you love what you do, you bring infectious enthusiasm to all your endeavors. You always perform at your absolute best and see new challenges as an opportunity to contribute, make an impact, and grow.
- Unquenchable thirst for growth. You're not just looking for the next interesting challenge, but looking to push yourself to keep pace in our hyper-growth environment.