SalaryUSD TBD TBD
SourceGalen Technology Solutions, Inc.
This position s located in the New York City Midtown Area.Full Time Algo Developer - C# - real-time, multithreaded, high availability INTERESTED? Please send resumes to John Mustion. John Mustion The goal for the Algo desk is to continually automate electronic flows and adopt quantitative methods to drive better execution. The Algo Developer will have experience developing real-time systems capable of trading in fast markets with an emphasis of solid code that scales well. The environment is fast moving and it's critical that the candidate be able to quickly translate new ideas into solid implementations. Primary tasks include but are not limited to:
- Develop, ensure baseline and support low latency trading systems and related tools.
- Take full ownership of algorithmic systems from inception to delivery.
- Work directly with traders to understand their needs and to implement their trading strategies.
- Analyze performance of end-to-end systems using tools such as profilers, log aggregators, network sniffers.
- Communicate and liaise with support team, infrastructure and market access development team to improve the trading systems.
- Adapt existing tools, used in other regions, to the US electronic business
- Understand key industry trends in algo development and market microstructure.
- Collaborate with other members of algo development team in Americas
- Excellent programming skills
- Adaptive mindset being able to switch gears quickly
- Ability to self-organize work
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills - ability to work as part of a global team
- Aptitude to work on different subjects at the same time
- Ability to function in a high-pressure environment and to meet stringent deadlines for completing tasks
- Strong technical skills in C# - real-time, multithreaded, high availability
- Strong object-oriented programming skills and design patterns
- Experience with Development on Windows
- Experience with performance testing and profiling
- Understanding of distributed design concepts including computer architecture and network architecture
- Agile methodologies, continuous delivery
- Experience with Low Latency trading application
- Knowledge on Equities Trading
- Knowledge of GIT
- Unit testing tools
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as front office algo developer, with strong knowledge of real time trading application and exchange connectivity
- B.S degree in computer science, engineering, math, physics, or similar
- Masters degree or equivalent work experience would be a plus