- Baccalaureate from a four-year college or university
- Two to four years of full time analytical experience; or a satisfactory combination of education and experience; or a satisfactory combination of education and experience
- Weighted consideration will be given to candidates with major course or professional work in Business Administration, Public Administration, or a closely related field. Individuals with experience in explanatory or investigative journalism or business analysis in an IT setting are also invited to apply.
- Experience with Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred.
- The successful candidate will be curious about and willing to learn the principles and practices of business process optimization.
- The candidate will also have the ability to perform research and analyses; prepare written and oral reports; create and maintain an effective record-keeping system; coordinate effectively with all agency departments; and establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with agency leadership, administrators and employees
- Thinks critically about existing business processes to fully understand each step in the process and why each exists (the value added by each additional step). A successful candidate's favorite question should be why.
- Help agency process owners to break down various business processes with flowcharts, manuals and other documentation outlining current processes in order to enable training, knowledge transfer, and succession planning
- Using such documents in conjunction with data and other information, including industry best practices, to identify opportunities to make improvements to one or more steps to improve productivity, reduce costs, improve time management or make other needed changes.
- Creates documents that explain changes to business processes, policies, procedures and guidelines, and how to implement them, in a manner that all involved in the process can understand.
- Coordinates the training of agency employees, contingent employees and additional parties as needed to ensure they are familiar with relevant policies, protocols and procedures.
- Able to independently track progress on assigned projects and report back to Senior Manager current status, next steps, and roadblocks.
- Performs related tasks, as assigned
- The Business Process/Data Analyst will report to a Senior Manager working under the agency Chief Operating Officer and will provide support in evaluating, designing, optimizing, executing, measuring and monitoring key agency business processes, policies, procedures and guidelines across all departments as assigned
Product Owner/ Business Analyst
Business System Analyst