SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Description SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Systems Engineering Lead to support a Federal agency. Join SAIC's team to provide end users seamless information technology experience leveraging efficient use of enterprise-centric solutions, modern technologies and industry best practices. Be part of the team defining the digital transformation journey for this federal agency.The Systems Engineering Lead responsibilities can include:
- Manages architectural design, engineering, planning, configuration, deployment, maintenance, and upgrades to systems across the enterprise.
- Systems supported may include servers, workstations, tablets, smart phones, and other devices utilized to access and generate data.
- Tasks include requirements definitions, analysis and engineering, integration activities, validation and verification, operational maintenance, and performance analysis.
- Supervises the design, analysis, planning, modification, and maintenance of workstations and workstation components supporting end user computing activities that enable the end user to access resources and generate deliverables.
- Works with vendors for prototyping, testing, and evaluation of new technologies.
- Coordinates with corporate and government customers to develop and determine requirements and adapt to changing needs.
- Applies a combination of expert engineering knowledge of enterprise IT solutions to design, develop and/or implement solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture policies and industry best practices.
- Leads the design in system specifications, input/output processes, and parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves highly complex program support deficiencies.
- Supervises the design, testing, and implementation of operating systems, enterprise services and management of IT systems and applications.
- Will manage the endpoint management systems to provide a secure computing environment, to include delivery of relevant and necessary software, relevant and necessary security patches and providing detailed reporting on hardware assets, software assets and current configuration posture.
- Directs incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions.
- Researches and evaluates capabilities and tools and products against operational requirements and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT strategy.
- Manages the troubleshooting and resolution of technical and non-technical issues.
- May be involved in all aspects of the infrastructure in a classified environment including clients, servers, firewalls, electronic data traffic, network access, messaging, communication services, collaboration, and data availability.
- Administers and executes policies, processes, and procedures that affect subordinate employees and the workflow of the work unit. Leads daily operations of work unit.
- Bachelor Degree required; BS in STEM or Business preferred.
- Must have Active Top Secret clearance; DOE Q clearance preferred
- Experience supporting both classified and unclassified IT environments.
- Experience in Enterprise IT Managed Services preferred supporting at least 100 sites and 3,000 end users.
- Minimum of five (5) years or more experience with Virtualization including Cloud/Systems/Platform Development.
- Azure/AWS Certified Solution Architect required.
- Must be a .
- CONUS travel up to 10% of the time may be required.
- Experience with National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) preferred.