SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Lead Integrator and Space Architect Subject Matter Expert (SME)New Mexico, Albuquerque, 87102 Albuquerque USA
Position Title: Lead Integrator and Space Architect Subject Matter Expert (SME) Work Location: Albuquerque, NM Seeking a highly skilled Lead Integrator and Space Architect Subject Matter Expert (SME) to serve on the Space Rapid Capabilities Office (Space RCO) Advisory & Assistance Services (A&AS) contract. The Space RCO, located at Kirtland AFB, NM, is a small, streamlined organization with dedicated, organic acquisition support functions: contracting, financial management, human resources, security, program management and technical engineering support that are critical in enabling the rapid response required for classified space programs. Their mission is to develop and deliver operationally dominant United States Space Force (USSF) capabilities at the speed of warfighting relevance. They expedite delivery and deployment of space capabilities in response to the Commander, U.S. Space Command requirements. The successful candidate should be an expert strategist and problem solver with a proven ability to produce superior results with high performing teams in a high-profile, fast-paced environment. Responsibilities and Duties:
- Function as a single point of contact leading and representing the Space RCO portfolio across the entire Space Community.
- Work directly with Space RCO senior leaders to plan, coordinate, produce, and manage tailored architectural products.
- Integrate tailored engineering and management products for multiple ACAT I - III equivalent programs ensuring consistent application of systems engineering functions across the portfolio.
- Manage architecture interfaces with other acquisition organizations and space operations units.
- Build common space domain architecture plans and ensure Space RCO programs satisfy requirements to meet evolving threats as identified by Combatant Commands.
- Serve as primary interface with architecture teams from USSF, USAF, major acquisition centers, other rapid acquisition organizations, Federally Funded Research and Development Corporations (FFRDCs), government agencies, and research laboratories.
- Develop and maintain standard Space RCO program processes for reporting, systems engineering processes, and digital engineering management of baselines, interfaces, and designs.
- Serve on Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) for issues dealing with Space Systems Architecture, operational testing and transition of space systems, strategic planning, and other technical boards as needed.
- Provide expert engineering, acquisition, management, and technical assistance to senior leaders as needed.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant DoD/IC or relevant industry work experience with no less than five (5) total years' experience in a SAP and/or SCI environment with at least one (1) year of that total being within the past 5 years, and a Master of Arts/Master of Science/Master of Engineering (MA/MS/ME) degree.
- Extensive experience in space system development, integration, and test.
- Solid understanding of DoD Acquisition and Development processes.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Highly effective communication and presentation skills.
- DoD clearance may be required