SalaryUSD TBD TBD
SourceJudge Group, Inc.
Location: West Deptford, NJ Salary: Competitive Description: Our client is currently seeking a Controls EngineerControls Engineer specifically looking for modeling and simulation including CHIL.Provide engineering support to assist with test site design, installation, and maintenance in accordance with industry and NAVSEA standards for electrical test and safety. Assist with maintaining, reviewing, and drafting specifications, test procedures, and safety plans.
- Manage the inventory of test lab equipment obtained and stored in lab facilities. Stage equipment for shipping and receiving and coordinate with NSWCPD warehouse personnel for shipment. Arrange disposal of obsolete or unused equipment as identified.
- Drawing Development and Revision
- Develop/revise engineering drawings using the latest version of AutoCad software. These drawings will be redlining of initial design drawings to incorporate actual modifications/changes during installation of each test site.
- The Contractor shall perform pre-installation design checks at each of the Test Lab sites to verify current configuration of spaces, equipment, utilities and power interfaces.
- Develop a preliminary installation schedule for the demo, prep, construction and equipment installation at each test site. Schedule shall utilize the latest software available and approved by NSWCPD. Individual schedules are to be developed for each test site. Schedules shall be developed in a way that they can be readily integrated into one, overall test lab project schedule (ie. Same WBS, resource naming conventions, etc.).
- Installation Support
- The Contractor shall coordinate the identification, procurement, staging and delivery of material associated with each lab installation. Contractor to identify all equipment required to complete the installation. Contractor shall maintain a list of required material and equipment with current procurement status and provide to NSWCPD as requested.
- Perform test lab installations in accordance with instructions and procedure as set forth by the drawings and design documents provided by NSWCPD. These documents will outline the installation and/or wiring of electrical and network cables, junction boxes, and other enclosures in each test lab site.
- Provide detailed set of red-lined sketches to NSWCPD at the completion of all alterations to facilitate development of red-lined drawings.
- Provide all Installation and Completion Reports to NSWCPD, per CDRL A005, at completion of the LBTF installations.
- Engineering Support
- Modeling and Simulation Support
- Perform computer based testing and simulation and hardware prototyping to support controller hardware-in-the-loop (CHIL) testing and fleet technical support validation efforts. Develop software models in support of current and future NSWCPD Division 44 land-based test efforts using current and future ship electric and propulsion plant designs. Implement real-time simulations on targeted hardware.
- MIL-STD-1399 Test Support
- Provide engineering support and expertise to assist with the development, evaluation, and execution of testing plans to support equipment qualification in accordance with MIL-STD-1399 requirements for electrical power interface standards. Analyze and evaluate test results to confirm equipment compliance with MIL-STD-1399. Coordinate and adjudicate technical nonconformance with NSWCPD and appropriate Field Activities.
- Assist in developing MIL-STD-1399 test lab. Perform requirements analysis to identify necessary hardware and work with vendors to ensure equipment compatibility.
- Maintain and review circuit breaker and switchboard test procedures and specifications, and draft updates in accordance with MIL-STD-961E. Coordinate and adjudicate technical comments with various stakeholders.