SalaryUSD TBD TBD
- Remote - would need to be willing to travel to NJ, possibly once or twice.
- SME on project is on East Coast, so the work day and coordination are typically in EST.
- Experience with Data Center Migrations
- Experience with F5s
- Experience with Firewall Policies
- Thorough understanding of routing and application dependencies Skillsets of a Tier 3 engineer are expected for an in depth understanding of network architecture and how to successfully migrate a data center physically and logically.
- Experience with data center migrations and the technologies are critical Analyzes complex local and wide area network systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges and other devices.
- Resolves difficult interoperability problems to obtain operation across all platforms including E-Mail, files transfer, multimedia, teleconferencing and the like.
- Configures systems to user environments.
- Supports acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services.
- May act as a technical project leader or provide work leadership for lower level employees.
- Excludes those with full supervisory responsibilities.
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts.
- Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives.
- Assignments are often self-initiated.
- Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Work checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review of superior.
- Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve critical organizational objectives and affect the image of the organization's technological capability.
- Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs.
- Acts as advisor to management on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- Provides tier 3 support and assists with project implementation within the networking environment.
- Successful provisioning as well as supervision of, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure.
- This also includes the installation of new systems, rebuilding existing systems, configuration of hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with customer/ government standards.
- Configuration management of Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), network segments, and Internet and Intranet systems to ensure operability.
- Installation and maintenance, network hardware and software, analyze problems, and monitor networks to ensure their availability to users.
- Maintains, monitors and troubleshoots within the roles of Incident Management (Return-to-Service) and/or Problem Management (Reason for Outage).
- Evaluates a system performance and identifies user needs based on approved software per customer specifications.
- Supports acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- Works independently on specific projects or may act as lead or Project Manager or a technical consultant where experience and knowledge span multiple projects.
- Ensures all design decisions are evaluated analytically and in a systematic manner in accordance with approved technical approaches, processes and procedures.
- May provide supervision and guidance for one or more team members including task and work product deliverables.
- Works closely with network operations, systems and other groups on business projects, assignments, problems, etc.
- Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development to a final product or solution.
- Ensures user environments are configured per requirements or baselines.
- Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired outputs, whether solutions or products, which may include baseline performance (SLA, etc.), Incident management and Problem Management.
- Ensures proper documentation for the corporate knowledgebase, including design, procedural and lessons learned.
- This also includes maintaining and updating existing documentation.
- Monitors the Network and System Enterprise with provided tools to ensure the health of the critical client solutions.
- Maintains on-call availability to respond to network issues and up-time; must be flexible and available with the scheduling.
- Contributes to technical artifacts through team/program SharePoint and/or communities of practice.
- Staffs projects and maintain the resource plan.
- Assigns and reviews tasks, provides mentoring, manages performance feedback, training and professional development opportunities to help individuals reach their full potential.
- Manages the performance of internal and external service providers in order to ensure the implementation of deliverables and resulting client satisfaction.
- Interfaces with sub-contractors.
Digital Experience Design Senior Consultant