SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Our client in Groton, CT, a leader in drug discovery and development, is seeking a Scrum Master to join a 100% remote team. The scrum master is the team role responsible for ensuring Scrum teams live agile values and principles and follow the processes and practices that the team agreed they would use. The person filling this role will lead from a position of influence, often taking a servant-leadership stance to increase team efficiency, motivate the team and champion changes to ensure quality and timeliness. What impact you'll have
- Guides the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values with a strong customer focus
- Assesses and coaches the team and organization to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and disseminating information
- Works as a servant leader, putting the needs of the entire team before that of themselves and helping others perform to the best of their abilities.
- Builds a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or judgement with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving
- Supports and educates the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Ensures that the vision of the Product Owner - including goals, scope, and the context of the product - are understood by everyone on the Scrum team
- Ensures that the development team members and Product Owner adhere to fundamental Scrum concepts
- Helps the Product Owner and development team understand the estimating and release planning process utilizing user stories, story point estimates and velocity
- Assists the Product Owner and development team understand how user stories, bugs and tasks are utilized on the product backlog
- Ensures the DoD (Definition of done) and DoR (Definition of Ready) are defined and being followed
- Facilitates Scrum ceremonies and ensures that each development team member is engaged and participating during each ceremony
- Helps the development team understand the Scrum framework
- Coaches the development team on how to become self-organizing and cross-functional
- Ensures effective communication between the Product Owner and the development team
- Helps the team members identify impediments and takes responsibility for ensuring impediments are resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Protects the development team from outside distractions
- Track project performance, specifically analyzing the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Experience as a Scrum Master for at least 6 years and at least 2 years in a Pharma environment.
- Proven working experience in Product Management
- Knowledge of various data matrices to show progress (high-level and granular: burndown, Sprint Report, Kanban board, etc.)
- Knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts: DoD, DoR, Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, PSI, etc.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: SAFe.
- Experience in Jira
- CSM or PSM1 certification encouraged
- Excellent organizational, communication and mentoring skills
- Software product development familiarity and experience