SalaryUSD TBD TBD
SourceNet Orbit Inc
Google Cloud Platform Architect - Data EngineeringNew Jersey, Newark, 07101 Newark USA
JOB DESCRIPTION Google Cloud Platform Architect - Data Engineering Focused Member of team use cutting edge technologies and data engineering techniques to discover solutions and build knowledge from the ground up, driving results that produce tangible impact and sustainable change. We are looking for an Architect who have passion to build new robust software, deploy in cloud and is responsible for providing solutions for wide array of problems in retail industry vertical the role involves building cutting edge solutions using modern technology and frameworks including Google Cloud platform technologies such as Google Big Query, Pub/sub, Google Cloud Platform, GCE, Spark etc. The Architect role is a hands-on leader in the design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform technology systems. Translate business requirements into well-engineered, tested, and deployed systems that are used by the business and support these systems while in production. Interface with internal customers to determine the most efficient and cost-effective approach to meet business requirements and designs, develops, tests, installs, and deploys the required software applications and cloud services. Develop solutions utilizing a variety of software technologies, including new code construction, modifications to existing modules, configuration and/or package implementation. Essential Functions: Operations and Support Skills
- Experience in data engineering and building data pipe in Google Cloud and airflow, python and cloud composer toolsets.
- Experience in large data migrations On-prem to cloud, hybrid model, etc.
- Data warehouse, BI tools experience and data performance tuning in Google cloud is essential.
- Lead the development of the strategy and technical design for large projects.
- Works with Project and Product Management defines timelines and project plans.
- Hire, coach, and mentor individuals; build a strong cross-functional organization.
- Own all operational metrics and support.
- Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives. Set clear, measurable quality goals for an organization in a data-driven way.
- Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics.
- Analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs and ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved.
- Commit to overall deliverables with customers and/or management; support evaluation of new technical directions and approaches and make recommendation to senior Technology management.
- Establish systems to monitor the operating efficiency of existing application systems and provides (or arranges for) proactive maintenance; lead the resolution of customer inquiries.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to more junior developers including delegate and manage tasks as appropriate; ac t as a technology mentor to team members.
- Establish standards & best practices, design guidelines/principles and patterns.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of the applications and technical architectures.
- Serve as a technical expert on existing platforms and other inter- related/adjacent systems and applications.
- Design systems/applications with high level of complexity (e.g., many interfaces, multiple packages, platforms).
- Evaluate the applicability of leading-edge technologies and uses this information to significantly influence future business strategies.
- Bring technical and/or business systems knowledge from external sources and incorporates those ideas into IT work.
- Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or Engineering and 10+ years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10 years of software engineering experience preferred.
- Google Cloud Platform and other cloud certification is required.
- Experience in working on Cloud technologies, preferably cloud native with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in implementing and/or integrating with MDM systems (JDA, Infor, Tibco, Oracle Database, ATG, etc.) preferred.
- Knowledge of Reliability engineering to build applications with the robust observability.
- General interest in technology and ability to learn and ability to learn and adapt new technology and architectures.
- Retail domain experience is desirable.
- Experience supporting multiple application environments with high level of complexity (e.g., many interfaces, multiple packages)
- Experience in providing analysis to customers / business analysts on proposed solutions, working with the customers, business analysts and other colleagues as appropriate to develop a solution that provides a balance between performance, and customer service.