SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Ensure timely and accurate movement of freight and information, while providing an exceptional customer service within the Transcon Department. The Transcon Department is responsible for all domestic transportation (air / ground / intermodal) within the Expeditors Network. In this position, you will join a team of logistics professionals working collaboratively to support our network and deliver the highest quality of service to our customers.
- Ensure efficient, cost effective and timely cargo movement
- Consolidate and route shipments based on profitability and customer expectations
- Coordinate pickups and deliveries of location shipments
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operational system
- Follow up on and monitor active shipments for key shipment milestones
- Use departmental tools (i.e. workflow / activity reports) to execute on daily responsibilities
- Ensure accurate and timely customer and service provider billing
- Interact with our customers in coordinating appointments, providing milestone updates and trouble shooting.
- Contribute to maintain good relationships with service providers, customers and other Expeditors departments/offices
- Meet compliance at all times to regulations internal and external in accordance with government regulations
- Understand department process flow, and looking for best practices to improve operational efficiency and productivity
- Ensure all customers standard operating procedures are in place and properly documented
- Meet KPI standards in accordance with the Company’s procedures
- Effective manage all communication - timely responses to emails and phone requests (internal and external)
- Escalation of problems to Management when necessary
- Promote compliance in diligently following all company policies and regulations and performing the task at hand with outstanding integrity and pride.
- Adhere to the company’s 10 cultural attributes: Appearance, Attitude, Confidence, Curiosity, Excellence, Integrity, Pride, Resolute, Sense of Humor, and Visionary.
- Interpersonal / Communication
- Customer Service
- Domestic Transportation (preferred)
- Hazardous materials certification (preferred)
- Pro-active, strong organizational skills.
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
- Meet company standards of 52 hours training per year, including as needed management/leadership training
- Proactively promote the company’s 10 cultural attributes: Appearance, Attitude, Confidence, Curiosity, Excellence, Integrity, Pride, Resolute, Sense of Humor, and Visionary.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Training and Personnel Development ProgramLocation:
- Edison, NJ or Keasbey, NJ
- 40 hours per week