SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Job DescriptionKeyResponsibilities andDutiesDevelop &DirectImplementation of Strategic Plan:
- Oversee the development and implementation of a strategic plan forEquity and Racial Justice at the KIPP Foundation that isrooted in our mission, theory of action, and vision for Racial Justice. Develop organization-wide systems to collect input, analyze data (both qualitative and quantitative), and monitor/report on progress.
- Develop and implementindividualizedteam-plans to ensure that eachKFteamiscontinuously working on becoming anti-racist and anti-oppressive, as well asworkingtowards racial justice in their practice and behaviors.
- Coordinate and developa team of KF employees committed to shifting culture towards anti-racism in the organization andcollaboratively implement plans
- Leadand coordinateKIPP Foundation’s conscious raising efforts, including affinity-spaces, bi-weekly racial justice emails,and regular book/podcasts/article discussions
- Develop consistent communication and feedback mechanisms to ensure we are able to identify, discuss and address equity issues impactingKF. Stay abreast of research and best practice in equity and inclusion and infuse/adapt to KIPP. Develop communication systems to share best practices, highlight bright spots, and keep staff apprised of key initiatives and activities.
- Support and advocate for teammates who are being impacted by issues of equity and inclusion. Champion a positive culture including feedback and training for those who need to develop their skills and/or awareness of the impact they are having on others.
- Examine KF's policies, procedures and practices and identify what needs to evolve, be changed, or initiatedutilizing community-based approaches to change management
- Facilitate equity and racial justiceprofessionaldevelopmentandengage inrelationships with external partners as needed to deliver training and support to achieve our plan.
- Work with KIPP network in implementing anti-racism practices and policies, when necessary.
- Cultural Awareness andCompetency
- Impact and Influence
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Team Leadership
QualificationsExperience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree preferred. However, education does not take the place of robust/relevant work experience
- A minimum of 10years of experience
- Knowledge of best practicesinequity and racial justice, includinggrounding inunconscious bias, issues of LGBTQ and Gender Equityand comfort in facilitating discussions aroundmarginalization, anti-racism and anti-oppression
- Demonstrated successinjuggling multiple projects and competing priorities across multiple teams of people with a meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated passionto issues of equity, race and dismantling white supremacy
- Demonstrated ability tocreate cultural shifts grounded in community while centering and uplifting marginalized voices
- Demonstrated successindriving individuals and teamswith a focus on equity and racial justice
- Extremelyskilledinbuildingrelationshipsthat are grounded in accountability, communityand transformation
- Strongproblem solving and critical thinkingskills; able to formulate hypotheses, gather and synthesize data, develop and assess alternatives and build a case for recommendations
- Systems-level thinker who can craft a vision for how anorganizationshouldimplementculture work and change management
- Highly knowledgeable in the field ofanti-racism,equity, andanti-oppressive practices
- Seasoned facilitator ofconversations and trainings focusing on anti-racism, equity and anti-oppression
- Strong systemic critical analysis that incorporates intersectionality, critical race theory anddesigning to the margins
Additional InformationLocation & TravelFlexible, but NY, Chicago, SF or DC preferred.20% travel post-COVIDCompensation and BenefitsKIPP offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation and PTO,401kretirementplanwith both pre- and post-tax options, as well as gym reimbursement, flexible spending account(FSA), and cell phone reimbursement arealsooffered by KIPP.
KIPP Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Senior Director Strategy