Principal Software EngineerNew Hampshire, Merrimack, 03054 Merrimack USA
Job Description:The RoleIn this role on the Workplace Investing IT Architecture Governance team you will be responsible for building BI and Reporting tools for governance. We are looking for a skilled BI & Analytics developer who is a solid team player with a strong understanding of software design and BI tools needed to create solutions which aid the investment process. We want you to be motivated by having the autonomy to lead, build and craft great solutions. We advocate for leadership at all levels and this role is an excellent fit for those who demonstrate leadership and have a continuous technology progressive mentality. Responsibilities include building BI Publisher, Tableau, Power BI reports and dashboards and working closely with both peers and business partners to rapidly deliver high quality solutions. This role can be located in Merrimack, Raleigh, or Westlake.
- You will design, build and support various reports
- You will build quality solutions which align with the technology blueprint and best practices, solving business problems by driving design, development, quality and ongoing support
- You will actively troubleshoot various issues pertaining to report delivery and data logic
- You will actively promote good design practices and standards
- You will stay on top of the latest BI tools like Tableau, and Power BI
- You will work with the team to continuously improve our processes and standards on report design
- You will participate in knowledge exchange through innovation days, code and design reviews, exploring emerging technologies etc.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years of experience with building reports with Power BI, and Tableau
- 5+ years of experience working Databases - Oracle, SQL Server, Snowflake
- 2+ years of experience working with Cloud - AWS, Azure.
- Experience using ETL tools, Schedulers and scripting is preferred
- Experience with systems analysis to explore and document use cases and processes.
- Proven knowledge and hands on expertise with SQL to write complex, highly optimized queries across large volumes of data
- You have keen sense of urgency for troubleshooting issues and delivering solutions
- You have excellent oral and written interpersonal skills, and comfort in presenting to everyone from entry-level employees to executives.
- You are comfortable explaining complicated or technical information in a simple way to non-technical audiences.
- You have an ability to set realistic expectations and prioritize within a dynamic and shifting environment
- You are sensitive to end user needs and have an ability to develop relationships and engage users.
- You have curiosity and passion about data, visualization and solving problems.
- You have willingness to question the validity, accuracy of data and assumptions.
- You are eager to learn new technologies.
- You are excited to deliver in a fast-paced environment and thrill the users.
- Knowledge of Financial Services is preferred
- You have experience with the Agile development methodology
- You can operate with minimal direction.
Principal Software Engineer, Squad Quality Enablement
Principal Software Engineer in Test - Prime Service, Capital Markets, or Securities Finance