SalaryUSD Up to $78,000 78000
SourceCRI Advantage, Inc.
CRI Advantage is looking for a Network Engineer to participate in the review of currently deployed equipment configuration files to identify and resolve any security or operational issues found and provide a remediation report to the ITS Network Manager for our client the Nevada Department of Transportation. You would participate in the planning, design, documentation, configuration, and deployment of ITS network devices and services to support the District Road Operations Centers; Participate in the planning, design, documentation, configuration, and deployment of the new ITS Services and/or VLANs to all ITS sites, statewide.The ideal candidate will have experience configuring and maintaining multi-region SPB and MPLS networks for transporting mission-critical and public-safety data in a secure and highly reliable manner.Additionally review and update, as needed, any existing ITS network diagrams, to ensure accuracy, consistency, and completeness. Review and update, as needed, any inventory documents, to ensure accuracy and accountability of network equipment. Participate in the planning, design, documentation, configuration, and deployment of the Alcatel-Lucent hardened Ethernet switches to ITS sites in D2 and D3. Develop, maintain, and adjust, as required, a standard configuration file for all ITS network equipment, to include the field devices.You will participate in technical research and development and provide recommendations on ways to improve the ITS network availability and functionality for continued innovation, enhanced security or enhanced reliability. Participate in identifying and testing new ITS network devices that would benefit the Department, while striving to maintain both usability and security. Work with the NDOT IT Network group and NDOT Information Security Officer (ISO) to ensure network device configurations and capabilities are in compliance with established Department, State ISO, and industry standard practices; Assist in the planning, design, documentation, and deployment of three-tiered systems security architecture for all ITS systems, statewide; Troubleshoot and repair any hardware or software failures to the ITS network equipment that may come up;Assist in the development of ITS Network installation and configuration procedures; Work closely with the NDOT IT Network Group to plan, schedule, notify users; both internal and external, and apply firmware and/or software updates to ITS Network equipment as required; Assist in the audit of all ITS networking equipment and compile a list of hardware and/or software that needs to be upgraded and/or replaced; Monitor all ITS networking devices for availability, usability, security and provide recommendations to ITS Network Manager for upgrades or enhancements; Work within an agile project management environment; Completed assigned work according to the specifications and standards set by the State;Consultant must work on site at the Nevada Department of Transportation’s Washington Street Facility in Las Vegas, Nevada; Travel around the State may be required to perform or assist with the installation, removal, upgrade or remediation of ITS network assets, to include working in the roadside ITS cabinets, fiber huts, mountaintop communication sites, and various other state or local agency locations.You must have experience and be proficient in the design, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting and deployment of Layer 2 & 3 network switches, routers, firewalls, Secure Remote Access appliances, Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) field devices, licensed and unlicensed point-to-point and point-to-multipoint microwave radio systems and their associated components, and various other physical or virtual network equipment that Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) may procure in the future from a variety of vendors.
- Have a minimum of four (4) years’ experience working as a Network Technician in an enterprise environment;
- Have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in a multi-tenant data network utilizing Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) or Shortest Path Bridging (SPB), or similar technologies;
- Have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the design, configuration, and deployment of dynamic routing protocols in a multi-regional network;
- Have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience and be proficient in the proper use of network analysis tools and equipment, such as Wireshark and Exfo, Fluke, or other similar network test equipment;
- Have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience configuring and maintaining a multicast content delivery network.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Network Operations and Security or closely related field of study;
- Have a proactive nature with ability to solve problems;
- Have excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise Certified System Expert (ACSE) or Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise Certified Field Expert (ACFE).
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP).
- Fortinet Network Security Expert (NSE)
- CompTIA Network+.
- Wireshark Certified Network Analyst (WCNA).
- Ciena Optical Communications (OC) or Carrier Ethernet (CE)
- Other vendor or vendor-neutral networking certifications may be considered on a case by case basis.