Job Role: Product Owner Job Location: Saint Louis, MO Type of Job: Contract Duration of Job: Long Term Contract Job Description:: The Product Owner will work with the Product Architects to refine the Program Backlog to prepare for the PI (Program Increment) planning sessions. PO should be able to prepare in advance to update the team backlog to estimate features for the upcoming Program Increment. Activities will include leading the development team to size features and stories, and figure out what can be committed in the Program Increment based upon the team's established velocity. You will be involved with story definition, providing clarifications necessary to assist the team with their story estimates and story sequencing, and drafting the organizations specific objectives for the upcoming Program Increment (PI). Responsibilities: As a Product Owner,
- Be a part of an engineering organization delivering enterprise software in an Agile Software Development lifecycle.
- Routinely meet with sprint team members and at any time explain, refine, and discuss epics/stories/tasks, as well as be available for acceptance meetings.
- Write/refine user stories with team, including defining the acceptance criteria, and working with team to size stories.
- Collaborate with Architects, Technical Leads, QEs, SREs, Network team, Infrastructure and Security team, other Product Owners, Product Managers, and Stakeholders to define and execute the vision, coordinate dependencies, and optimize execution.
- You will own and lead the team's backlog(s)
- You will participate actively in planning activities for the Program Increment
- You will lead the development team through all activities to support Sprint activities
- You will be a key partner in product related decisions and release planning
- You have an in-depth knowledge of goals and desired objectives of the initiatives and features
- You will work with Product Manager to evaluate the product Roadmap to identify features for development and identify "definition of done" for each feature
- You are able to produce work flows, completes data mapping and performs business process design
- You will work alongside the Architect(s) and Tech Lead(s) to identify non-functional requirements such as infrastructure needs
- You will plan and handle product releases
- You will work with Quality Assurance team member(s) to identify test cases for automated testing
- You will coordinate with business customers to conduct product integration testing Key Responsibilities Preparation and Participation in PI Planning Program Backlog:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Business or equivalent job experience required
- 7+ years' in experience managing product backlogs and requirements for Agile delivery teams in a Product Owner capacity
- 3 plus years Product Owner experience is a must.
- You are skilled at removing roadblocks
- 5+ years of experience delivering products using Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- 3+ years of experience with Product & Technology Roadmap development through influence of key business and technology partners to identify business priorities
- 1+ years of experience in web service technologies, user interface/interaction, and knowledge of Systems Development and Project Management lifecycles
- Experience in delivering products using Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Agile, Scrum or Kanban, SAFe Agile
- Experience in tools such as JIRA, Service Now, Aha!
- Prior experience in Application Development, Maintenance, Production Support, and Enhancement