SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Senior Site Reliability Engineering Champion - Remote Work EligibleMissouri, Saintlouis, 63101 Saintlouis USA
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors. SRE Evangelist / Champion The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Champion will lead our adoption of Site Reliability Engineering to design and develop scalable and highly reliable software systems. Responsibilities:
- Develop a multi-year roadmap for evangelizing and implementing SRE practices.
- Plan and deliver complex SRE related process and tool improvements, drive complex behavioral change by planning and executing strategies leading to SRE adoption across the firm.
- Work closely with development and platform teams to implement zero-downtime deployment approaches, real-time logging, alerting, monitoring solutions and code instrumentation while balancing security, maintainability, reliability and operation excellence.
- Evangelize blameless Incident Retrospectives (post-mortems) to understand root causes, communicate learnings, determine remediation and make us better as a team.
- Partner with security teams and tools to continually review and understand new industry security threats, associated technologies and quickly addressing vulnerabilities.
- Strive to be a responsible enabler rather than a "gate".
- Deep and extensive experience in building and landing SRE practices is required.
- 10+ years of experience across software engineering and operations, practicing DevOps and SRE.
- Ability to evaluate existing tools, features, or applications, with the most value to the project teams and to increase the productivity of the team.
- Strategic thinking with the proven capability to contribute and execute a delivery strategy that resulted in quality delivery outcomes.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, providing leadership by example, and an inspiring vision for driving the future.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field of study
- 5+ years of experience in SRE work.
- Demonstrated leadership skills through a variety of activities, including leading technical staff.
- Experience in the implementation of cloud technologies (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, or similar) with understanding of SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS models is a plus.
- FORTUNE 2020 - Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
- From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list - the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified™ organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firm's 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.