SalaryUSD Depends on Experience Depends on Experience
SourceTriCom Technical Services
- Responsible for the maintenance, improvement, cleaning, and manipulation of data in the business’s operational databases.
- Work with the business’s software engineers, architects, actuaries, and other quantitative analysts to understand and aid in the implementation of data requirements, analyze performance, and troubleshoot any existent issues.
- Define and build the data pipelines that will enable faster, better, data-informed decision-making within the business.
- Design and develop scalable ETL packages from the business source systems, as well as the development of ETL routines, to populate databases from sources and to create aggregates.
- Expected to take minimal direction to solve complex data engineering tasks.
- Facilitate and educate user departments by writing and maintaining programs and consulting as needed on new software or modifications to existing programs.
- When needed, provide project leadership by planning, allocating, motivating, and controlling project work, IT staff, and other resources on projects with a limited scope.
- Contribute to improvements in departmental and operating efficiencies by following departmental standards and procedures, as well as by initiating and promoting new concepts and ideas.
- Contribute to the success of overall IT and company goals and objectives by continuously improving self and following company and IT administrative steps and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent technical training.
- At least 5-years of ETL and programming experience.
- Advanced SQL knowledge and at least 5-years of experience working with relational databases and query authoring (SQL), as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases including SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and AWS (RedShift, Elasticsearch).
- Experience and knowledge in how to implement best-practice data transformation methods.
- Knowledge of required application programming languages and tools appropriate to assigned platforms.
- Comprehensive knowledge of specific application architecture, standards, and procedures.
- At least 5-years of experience building processes that support data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- Experience with object-oriented/object-function scripting languages: Python, R, Java, C, Scala, etc.
Network Engineer (Data Center Planning and Design)