SalaryUSD TBD TBD
SourceFederal Reserve System
Tier I Help Desk Support-Customer Service RepresentativeMissouri, Kansas city, 64101 Kansas city USA
Job Summary: The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City seeks to fill a Tier I technical support oriented Customer Service Representative position. Representatives utilize their technical skills to provide critical first line response within this inbound call center group. As a Representative you will resolve technical issues when Bank customers contact us to report difficulty accessing and utilizing Federal Reserve services. You will do this by identifying and troubleshooting routine technical issues, and when necessary, escalating complex problems to Tier II technicians. If you are familiar with basic technical problem solving for issues related to VPN connectivity, software installation, browser settings and hardware components within a call center environment, then you have the basic skillset for this job. Call volumes in this group vary greatly, but Representatives regularly take an average of 25 calls per shift, and provide superior customer each time a Bank customer calls. Key Activities:
- Utilizes documented procedures and automated customer support, troubleshooting, and change request tools to research customer issues.
- Provides technical problem solving for multiple computer and mobile platforms, software, browsers, and hardware components.
- Utilizes basic networking knowledge to resolve and/or assist customers with VPN connectivity issues and installation support.
- Educates incoming callers regarding security requirements, online resources, tools, and learning systems to assist the customer in future troubleshooting issues.
- Accurately and thoroughly documents all customer interactions into a ticket tracking system.
- Identifies, escalates, and transfers calls to the second level support function or other business areas, as appropriate. May work with the second level support function to ensure issues are properly escalated, addressed, and remediated in a timely manner.
- Meets KPI expectations while developing and maintaining knowledge of electronic access channels, service level agreement metrics, Federal Reserve Bank services, and other financial services.
- Provides recommendations to operational procedures to improve efficiency, such as updates to the CSR knowledge management tool and coordinate/participate in testing of new applications and processes.
- May perform call quality monitoring, provide feedback to peers regarding call handling, assist management during outages (e.g., group chats and remediation steps), and communicate updates to staff during outages.
- Associates degree from a two-year college or technical school, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- A minimum of one year of customer service experience in a call center or help desk environment required. Experience with Federal Reserve electronic access products and servies preferred.
- Technical aptitude and knowledge of operating systems, browsers, basic internet navigation, software installation, basic networking connectivity knowledge preferred.
- Good customer service as well as good verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Availability to work assigned shift between operational hours of 6:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.