SalaryUSD TBD TBD
SourceWorld Wide Technology
Why should you join WWT?Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 7,000 individuals and closed nearly $13 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the ninth consecutive year! Position Summary:World Wide Technology has an opening for a pre-sales software solution architect focused on application development services. This role, as a Sales Engineer, has the primary responsibility for driving the technical aspects of the business development lifecycle. Sales Engineers are responsible for evaluating and advising technology solutions for our Account Managers and potential clients. The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate areas of domain expertise to both business and technical users to establish and maintain strong relationships with all parties. Examples of domain expertise include software engineering, IoT, cloud computing and user experience.The Sales Engineer works closely with other team members to provide technical support, and they also conduct technical sales presentations, along with the following responsibilities:
- Partner with account managers throughout the organization on prospective opportunities
- Participate in the consultative dialogue with customers in order to capture their vision
- Pull together and collaborate with subject matter experts across the organization as well as our partners
- Provide solution approach to include assisting in technical architectures for large scale efforts as well as designing and assisting with building prototypes and/or proof of concepts
- Manage estimation request, including writing the request, educating the estimation staff, and writing a proposal from the results.
- Create core components for statements of work, RFIs/RFPs.
- Provide knowledge transfer to new projects including participation in initiation meetings, educating the staff through preparation meetings and ensuring team is prepared to successfully kick off the project.
- Responsible for representing our company at events, and to clients.
- Some travel may be required (up to 25%) - if not located in St. Louis, MO or Denver, CO, travel will be required for the initial two months of employment.
- BS degree and 5-8 years of prior relevant experience
- Must have a strong background in Software Engineering with a deep understanding of application servers, development methodologies, operating systems, technical platforms/architecture, and the application workflow lifecycle OR User Experience (UX) background with a deep understanding of user centered design, visual and interaction design, and front-end engineering.
- Excellent oral and written communication, product demonstration, customer service, and presentation skills required.
- Intrinsically/self-motivated: must thrive in situations where given autonomy and responsibility to find solutions to problems with limited direction.
- Have a general business acumen to align solutions to business outcomes. Storytelling skills to share the why and how of what we do.
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple projects from multiple clients while working with different account managers.
- Must excel at developing processes when needed and be comfortable problem-solving in ambiguous settings.
- Possess a deep understanding of Federal Gov't processes and ability to dissect RFI/RFP's
- Ability to give and receive feedback. A central part of living our core values is our environment of safe, timely, and direct feedback. We require and coach our employees on how to provide constructive and critical feedback to their peers, reports, and leadership. This can take on many forms; written, verbal, in a group setting, and one on one, and can involve topics ranging from job performance and leadership effectiveness to root cause analysis, communication, and integrity. While not always comfortable, we see the ability to give and receive feedback in a safe environment as a job requirement common across all practices and roles, and a vital aspect of our culture and continuous improvement.
- Possesses a high level of Integrity. Acts ethically and is above reproach. Builds trust through their honesty, reliability, and authenticity. Possesses a strong concern for the needs of his/her colleagues. Takes tough principled stands even if they are unpopular. Meets commitments and keeps promises.
- Demonstrates Self-control. Manages his/her impulsive feelings and distressing emotions and operates without any personal agenda. Stays composed, positive and unflappable even in trying moments. Thinks clearly and stays composed and focused under pressure.
- Must be Flexible. Smoothly handles multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change. Is able to work collaboratively to get things done. Proactively seeks the advice and suggestions of peers, subordinates, and superiors. Adapts strategies and tactics to fit fluid circumstances. Is flexible in how he/she sees events.
- Is Optimistic. Demonstrates a positive mental attitude. Persists in seeking goals despite obstacles and setbacks. Operates from a hope of success rather than a fear of failure. Sees setbacks as due to manageable circumstances rather than a personal flaw.
- Continuously Develops Others. Committed to the continuous process of education and development of self and colleagues. Acknowledges people's strengths and accomplishments. Offers useful feedback and helps to identify others' needs for future growth and improvement. Mentors and gives timely coaching that fosters an individual's skills.
- Able to Intuitively Understand the way people think and work. Understands the forces that shape views and actions of clients, customers, or competitors. Accurately reads an organizational and external reality.
- Models Leadership qualities. Articulates and arouses enthusiasm for a shared vision and mission. Leads by example.
- Is a catalyst for Change. Recognizes the need for change and removes barriers. Challenges the status quo to acknowledge the need for change. Champions the change and enlists others in its pursuit.
- Fosters Excellence in Communication. Is effective in give-and-take, registering emotional cues in attuning their message. Deals with difficult issues straightforwardly. Listens well; seeks mutual understanding and welcomes the sharing of information fully. Fosters open communication and stays receptive to bad news as well as good.