Salary$0 - $1 per annum
A client of ours is seeking a Automation/Controls Engineer III.This person will be responsible for designing and building custom automation and robotic equipment for medical device manufacturing. Must have a desire to learn and implement rapidly changing technology to deliver the best possible solution.
- Providing complete electrical and software development from project concept to installation
- Providing engineering level electrical and software support for existing equipment
- Planning and implementing long-term upgrade solutions for obsolete equipment
- Implementing IoT and machine connectivity
- Manage and implement electrical & software design from project concept to installation:
- machine concepting
- risk assessment and proof-of-principle
- electrical design/layout
- component and accessory sourcing
- panel build/outsource and machine wiring
- software design/programming
- debug of hardware/software
- acceptance testing & safety
- installation/integration into production
- System documentation throughout
- Evaluate existing systems and provide engineering level support to maintenance and production
- Gain systems knowledge of equipment and integrated automated production lines
- Troubleshoot difficult technical problems on a variety of equipment
- Plan and implement long-term upgrade solutions for obsolete equipment, components & software
- Implement IoT and Machine Connectivity
- Understand the spirit of Industry 4.0 for IoT
- Evaluate various machines and implement OPC Drivers and sensors
- BS in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent - Majors in: Controls and Computer Control Systems, Mechatronic Engineering, Automation Engineering, etc.) required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in electrical & software development of custom automation.
- Must demonstrate strong collaborative communication skills.
- Must demonstrate a strong general understanding of electro-mechanical, and automated systems.
- Must develop and follow a disciplined and detailed approach to project management and design process.
- Must be able to manage multiple parallel projects with varying scopes and deadlines from concept to production release using established HMC processes.
- Must be able to draw on prior knowledge and experience and adapt to initiate effective solutions to problems at hand.
- Must demonstrate a high level of initiative and creativity. Must be able to perform independently.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Must be adaptive to change and willing to support a variety of work assignments to fulfill internal and external customer expectations.
- Desired experience includes: Electrical schematic design and drafting; PLC controls (Allen Bradley CompactLogix & ControlLogix, Horner - Cscape, Geobrick - Delta Tau); HMI/SCADA; Servo Motion; Vision Inspection & Vision-guided motion (preferably Cognex VisionPro/InSight or Keyence); Robots - 6-axis &SCARA; Industrial networking protocls - Ethernet/IP, RS232, Profinet, Ethernet TCP/IP, EtherCAT, etc.; loT Machine Connectivity: OPC Drivers, SQL, DMS/DCS; and Feedback sensors and PID loop control.