SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Assistant Controller - ManufacturingBCforward is currently seeking an experienced Assistant Controller for a contract or contract-to-hire opportunity in the Red Wing, MN area.GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: The Supply Chain Assistant Controller is responsible for cost, accounting, and financial analysis within a manufacturing environment. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: 1) Product Costing and Variance Analysis2) Budgeting and Forecasting3) Decision SupportREQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls
- LEAN thinking, nimble to drive change that enables efficiencies and drives growth
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills. Active listening skills are equally important
- Excellent project management skills, organizational skills, communication skills, the ability to multi-task, learn quickly and meet deadlines, and most importantly, the ability to work well in a team
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments and management levels within the company
- Must be able to drive results and manage multiple priorities
- Desire to grow in leadership capacity as the Company grows
- Experience with financial and consolidation systems such as BPC or Hyperion is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the ability to extract, analyze and process information. Basic knowledge in Word and Outlook as well as the ability to optimize business technology tools to improve business processes
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) required, preferably in finance, accounting or a related field from an accredited College or University. CPA/CMA preferred
- Cost accounting knowledge, financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting and general business acumen. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 8 - 10 years of finance experience within accounting or finance with progressive responsibility with 2-3 years working in an operating plant environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong initiative to explore alternatives, recommend improvements, and implement recommendations.
- Ability to turn data into information enabling leadership to make sound, data driven business decisions
- Team oriented player with the ability to work in a matrix organization and effectively work with and communicate with multi-functional groups both within and outside the company to drive strategic objectives.