SalaryUSD61 - USD71
job summary:Tell us about your department:The development and automation team provides an application management platform to Best Buy. We enable the provisioning of applications to runtimes across cloud and containers, provide deployment capabilities, and improve the monitoring/logging of applications. The team is driving efforts that expand features to make developers lives easier, such as adding autoscaling and traffic switching after their releases. location: RICHFIELD, Minnesotajob type: Contractsalary: $61 - 71 per hourwork hours: 8am to 4pmeducation: No Degree Required responsibilities:What are the top five skills and number of years of experience required to perform this job?
- 5+ years Ruby application development experience.
- Codes larger features from start to finish.
- Keeps up with industry trends and be an advocate for the standards.
- Creates and improves internal libraries and tools.
- Designs Features.
- Takes responsibility in ensuring team's high code quality.
- Teaches best practices and context to internal engineers.
- Improves knowledge and understanding of core concepts of engineering.
- Be a mentor for the personal and peer growth.
- Takes ownership of code base and its quality.
- Defines and drives technology strategy.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and written with various business partners.
- Helps in bringing the team together as a whole.
- Participates in and leads production support situations.
- Teaches best practices and context to internal developers.
- An ideal candidate participates in the creation and presentation of technical designs.
- They will lead in the delivery of complex solutions.
- They are an active participant in planning activities and contributes to strategic planning.
- Their depth of knowledge aids them in anticipating technical issues at the product level and makes architectural and design decisions to avoid them.
- They are able to fill in holes in product direction and take the appropriate action within their team.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
IBM BAW Lead Developer -Hybrid