SalaryUSD TBD TBD
SourceJudge Group, Inc.
Location: Mendota, MN Description: Our client is currently seeking a Senior Cloud Data Engineer that can advance the roadmap of our client's data estate in cloud. This role is for a senior cloud data engineer that will join a team responsible for managing a growing cloud-based data ecosystem consisting of a metadata driven data lake and databases that support real time analytics, extracts, and reporting. The right candidate will have a solid background in data engineering and should have a few years of experience on a major cloud platform such as Azure.This job will have the following responsibilities:
- The ideal candidate will be very comfortable writing code on a cloud platform using languages such as Scala, frameworks such as Apache Spark, and products like Databricks.
- Work with peers in on evolving data, cloud, and security best practices.
- Lead team members by example and help them advance their skills in Agile, DevOps, CI/CD, Automated Testing, and Cloud Data Streaming best practices
- 5+ years of Data engineering experience
- 2+ years of Cloud platform experience
- 2+ years of Version Control (Git or equivalent)
- 2+ years of Experience with Azure Databricks and Spark
- 2+ years of DevOps Tools (Jenkins or Equivalent)
- 2+ years of Data Integration Tools (Spark/Databricks or equivalent)
- Proficient in SQL Knowledgeable of relational database and ETL practices
- Preferred - 2+ years of Scripting (Linux/Unix Shell scripting or equivalent) 2 years ?
- Preferred - 2+years of MPP Database (Azure Synapse or equivalent)
- Preferred - 2+ years of Cloud Infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
- Preferred - Terraform, ARM templates, Docker, Scheduling/Job Orchestration Tools
- Preferred - 2+ years of Azure Data Factor (or equivalent)
- Preferred - 1+ year of Log and search analytics
- Preferred - 1+ year of year of Splunk