Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445JOIN TARGET TECH AS A LEAD ENGINEER - VELAAbout us:Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 30 company and one of America's leading retailers. Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely, and reliably from the inside out. About Vela:
- Vela is an open-source pipeline automation toolkit built by Target.
- Pipeline automation tools equip engineers with a platform to make automating code integration and deployment strategies faster and more approachable.
- Well-documented YAML syntax lets engineers design complex code pipelines with ease.
- Built with an emphasis on code concurrency and stability, to bring speed and reliability to the forefront.
- Intuitive User Interface makes interacting with your pipelines simple.
- Built on Linux container technology and written in Golang
- Active community of engineers, working together to make amazing software even better.
- 7+ years of software development experience with at least one full-cycle implementation
- CI/CD Experience using Vela, Drone, Jenkins or another platform
- Demonstrates strong knowledge with current and emerging technologies in own scope of responsibility, and develops ability to apply these technologies
- Demonstrates strong domain-specific knowledge regarding Target's technology capabilities, and key competitors' products and differentiating features
- Demonstrates broad and deep expertise in multiple computer languages and frameworks (i.ie: open source, Golang, Elm). Designs, develops, and approves end-to-end functionality of a product line, platform, or infrastructure
- Understands the concepts of distributed programming and applies it to their domain
- Maintains deep technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Communicates and coordinates with project team, partners, and stakeholders