Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445About Us: Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers. Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Tech is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile, and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely, and reliably from the inside out. As an Engineer on the Network Engineering team, you will:Build, run, and automate the network platform at Target which is used by Team Members and Guests every day. You will be responsible for deploying new tech to the field, improving the experience of users, and ensuring the smooth operations of our existing network. You will join a group of engineers who are passionate about building the best possible experience. This could include Wi-Fi connectivity used by our 300,000+ Team Members and the Millions of Guests who visit our Stores, Cellular (LTE/5G) connectivity for our locations, ensuring performant application load balancing across a global enterprise network, or delivering DNS and DHCP capabilities across data center and distributed/edge locations.This will all be achieved by contributions to supporting, designing, and building an industry leading network. Target's large scale presents unique challenges that you will use your talents to improve our Network's efficiency through automation. You will also support network technology used by the team. This will include a mix of traditional networking with developing software to continuously improve the experience, such as managing vendor solutions like Cisco, Mist, or F5, as well as exploring and enhancing open source solutions such as Envoy.Technology:
- Software Development
- Networking device management
- Metrics visualization with tools like Grafana and Kafka
- Code version control using Git, deployment of apps in Docker containers.
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of software development and/or network experience
- Demonstrates familiarity with current and emerging technologies in the network space, such as open-source networking, Wi-Fi technology and other networking concepts.
- Demonstrates proficiency in at least one computer language
- Enthusiastic about the intersection between software and network platforms, emphasizing how to use scripting, virtualization, and automation to deploy and support the platform.
- Enjoys working within a team of engineers in a collaborative environment.
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education.
- Coding experience in python, java or golang
- Familiarity with network design and key protocols
- Familiarity with Wireless technologies (Enterprise Wi-Fi networks, cellular networks, etc.) and network technologies (such as routing or switching) is a plus.
- Familiarity with Load Balancing and DNS technologies is a plus